Syncing with computerSupport

Last Updated:

1. springdal

springdal New Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought my HTC Hero a few days ago and just found this forum as well. I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to sync my phone to my computer. I didn't get any CD with it. I am also wondering if I hard reset my phone back to factory default, will all the apps, etc that were there out of the box, still be there? If I can sync with my computer, can I put my contacts back on from my computer? And, finally, there is a "notice" type "bell" sound every so often on my phone, but I have checked messages and phone calls as well as email, plus there are no notifications at top...what might it be? Thanks for your help. Hope I haven't posted something that has been talked about a million times before.

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

The HTC Sync application, along with a User Guide, is stored on the microSDHC memory card that ships with the handset.

A "factory reset" returns the handset to an out-of-the-box state, so everything included in the device firmware is persistent. Apps installed from the Market however will be removed and will require reinstalling.

bbnfbchick likes this.