Syncing with outlook

Last Updated:

1. John McDermott

John McDermott New Member This Topic's Starter

Help! I used to have a Pocket PC device until a few months ago when I ditched it in favour of an HTC desire. I love the HTC apart from it doesn't sync well with outlook. What seems to happen when syncing is that multi-person meetings in outlook become appointments for just me in the android calendar which then overwrite the original multi-person appointment in Outlook. This is despite setting HTC sync to make the PC over-ride the phone when there is a conflict. I also get loads of duplicated appointments and contacts. Is there an alternative syncing and calendar software that I should use or will I have to ditch Android for WP7?

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

I've never heard of anyone having this specific issue till now. My Droid X seems to handle multiple person appointments quite well. I'd imagine that this must be a HTC specific issue. Try posting your question to the HTC Desire forum...

Desire - Support and Troubleshooting - Android Forums

3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums!

4. lancedriskell

lancedriskell Well-Known Member

Can you give me some instructions on doing a sync with my DX and outlook? do you use a certain program? the one i tried, cant remember which one, but it duplicated EVERYTHING.... dunno if it was a setting or not... but i scrapped it, now i'm double entering everything...