• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Syncing with outlook

Can I sync my contacts with outlook? I have two different contact groups, one on google and other on outlook. Currently my phone is synced with google contacts. If I sync it with outlook contacts, will it replace all the google contacts with outlook contacts?

Search for posts by me in this forum and MyPhoneExplorer. With MyPhoneExplorer you can choose which contacts 'account' your Outlook contacts will be entered into.

Dave

Upvote 0
Can I sync my contacts with outlook? I have two different contact groups, one on google and other on outlook. Currently my phone is synced with google contacts. If I sync it with outlook contacts, will it replace all the google contacts with outlook contacts?

Yes you can. My advice is to delete your google contacts after backing them up. Use My Phone Explorer to keep your phone and Outlook in sync and then the phone sync to keep google contacts in sync.

Upvote 0
1. outlook 2013 is bad for android syncing.
2. stick with outllok 2010 only. download and install outlook hotmail connector
3. create a new xxxx@outlook.com account or use your existing xxxx@hotmail.com account
4. create a new account in your desktop PC's outlook to add the outlook.com or hotmail email id as a MAPI account (google this and do as per instructions there)
5. once this is done, your contacts and calendar will sync automatically with the web contacts and calendar at outlook.com
6. now, add the xxx@outlook.com account in your android phone
7. 3 way syncing will start automatically.
8. this is the best method to sync all 3 > device, web adn desktop outlook
9. use samsung kies software for syncing tasks alone
10. notes cannot be synced between desktop and device through outlook.com or kies. you need some other 3rd party app
I struggled for a full week to arrive at this best suitable solution

hope this helps
anand

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones