Syncing with Windows 7 64 or 32 bit

Last Updated:

1. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am getting a new laptop with Windows 7 Professional tomorrow. I will have the choice of installing either the 32 or 64 bit version. I have a Hero running stock Android 2.1 that I sync with Outlook (2007). I have read in several posts here and elsewhere that some people have had problems syncing ith the 64 bit version. Is that still the case or can I install the 64 bit version and be able to Sync?

Has anybody had any other problems with Windows 7 because I could choose to downgrade to XP (which I am using at the moment)? I think that would probably be a retrograde step, but I do have some old legacy printers I use at present.

Advertisement
  2. Odinos

Odinos Well-Known Member

this shouldnt be a reason for choosing for 32 bit. this will cap your laptop capabilities greatly assuming you have a 3GB+ of RAM.

and for android, everything will get fixed in the end. if it hasnt been fixed already

3. SaleenFiend

SaleenFiend Well-Known Member

I have 7-64bit and while it didn't automatically work I was able to install the driver's manually. Unrevoked's or XDA's site has a easy walk through with everything you need can't remember which one.