• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Syning Apps

Not sure if there is a solution so please excuse my ignorance on the subject.

I have been frustrated that I have to buy the same app for all my android devices. I bought a app on my phone but my wife's did have it and then I have a tablet. Is this the way it works with all apps? One has to buy one for each device? What about when changing phones? Do I have to live with it or is there a syncing solution for an app across devices?

If you use the same Google Account for all the devices, it will count as purchased for example, if I use "myemail@gmail.com" for my phone then I bought an app using that account, if I activate my tablet using that same gmail account, when I go to the Android Market the app will be listed as "purchased", and I will be able to download it to my tablet for free. However if you use a different account, you will be charged.

Same goes for changing phones. If I use the same Gmail account, the app will be listed as purchased.

Upvote 0
@chanchan05:

Thanks. I did see that. On the tablet which I want to download apps I already purchased to is using a different email on it. But I went and logged into the Android Market using my email and I did see the downloaded links. But from there I was not sure how to download them again. Does it have to specifically say "Purchased". I will look again tonight.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones