System Crash

Last Updated:

1. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My EVO crashed a little while ago. I was playing with it at dinner, mainly checking email, and I accidentally opened the app "device self service". I waited ~30s and gave up and pressed Home. That took me back Home no problem. But when I went to go snap a pic about 45 mins later, I noticed my phone was off/crashed. I couldn't get it to do anything, which led me to believe it was on/hung, not off like it felt/looked. I popped out the battery and popped it back in and turned it on. It booted up like nothing happened.

I have root - I was wondering where I could look for crash/log info??

Advertisement
  2. IPvFletch

Anyone have any ideas??

3. bck9900

bck9900 Well-Known Member

turn off
    then power on while holding volume down see if thats what you wants.

4. bck9900

bck9900 Well-Known Member

Did that fix it for you?

5. IPvFletch

I don't want the boot loader menu, I wanted to know why Android crashed. I unplugged the battery to get it to boot again and it is fine now I just wanted to know "what happened" yesterday. Thanks!

6. farrellcollie

farrellcollie Well-Known Member

My phone crashed today too after I hung up from a phone call - went dead and I knew the battery was charged up. I too had to take out the battery to restart it. I do not know what happened, just reporting that it did and that like OP, taking out the battery fixed it. But it will be annoying if it continues.

7. 6spdtls

6spdtls Member

Android phones are easily crashed because of following reasons.
    1. The phone has bugs which are not completely cleaned.
    2. The phone has gang of apps which are always running. This causes low of internal memory.
    3. The phone is damaged internally because you dropped it numerous times.

My suggestion is back up your files, format your micro sd, and do hardreset. If that doesn't work out, then I don't know what to say. Get a new phone?

8. H3TK0WSK1

H3TK0WSK1 New Member

I was on it looking at this new ape, it was a battery saver made specifically by android system. My evo will not turn back on at all. I plugged the charger in and the led light flashed orange for 5 or more minutes, and still nothing. Has this happened toanyone else? I'm taking it to be diagnosed tomorrow.

9. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    is your phone rooted? try pulling the battery out and wait 30 secs and then put it back in and see if that works.

10. H3TK0WSK1

H3TK0WSK1 New Member

I've tried that, more then once. At first I thought the battery was over heating, "for those who don't know when your led light flashed orange to green simultaneously tht is an overheating warning". But that wasn't it. It's been a couple of hours now and still no sign of life in my evo. I don't know what rooted means. I might know the definition is told. I'm sorry I'm good with electronics just not as good with the proper terminology.

My poor evo isn't even a year old yet. It has minor cosmetic damage but nothing like this has ever happened before. In occasion it would restart itself, or take! W to a white screen with htc in green lettering.

Don't get me wrong I love my evo, but just like every phone it is bound to have its problems.

11. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

here try this trick:
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...k-guide-hard-brick-only-wont-turn-charge.html

12. itiscosmo

itiscosmo Well-Known Member

hi if u dont know what rooted means then ur not rooted and ur good to go to a sprint store to fix if still under warranty but if its over heating i would try a different battery first to c if it went bad..not the first battery to go bad on a phone around a year old..good luck

13. H3TK0WSK1

H3TK0WSK1 New Member

ocnbrze likes this.
  14. itiscosmo

itiscosmo Well-Known Member

hi in answer to ur question as to c what happened for the crash i think u can run logcat to find out..hope this answers ur question