System data 160 MB ! Android 2.3.6 DDKQ8Support

Last Updated: 2012-06-21 03:07:25
  1. 5hashank

5hashank New Member

Guys my phone is showing low internal memory. Using DiskUsage I found that the system data is 159.5 MB, while the applications are only 12.3 MB. I don't want to root the phone. I have only 9 MB free space left :mad: .. Please help me.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. sleedeane

sleedeane Well-Known Member

Install one click cache cleaner and clear cache.
    It might help a little.
  3. Nick G

Nick G Well-Known Member

Go to setting, applications, and move some to SD card.
  4. ayush29k

ayush29k Well-Known Member

Try all the methods that have been posted above, still if u need more space then try the 'force apps to sd' method given in the sticky threads.
    Thats all you can do short of rooting your phone.
  5. 5hashank

5hashank New Member

I cleared cache, uninstalled some apps, cleared all the call logs and messages, moved all the apps to SD (whichever were possible to move)...But I was able to free up only 5-6 MB of space. I will try 'force apps to sd' method.

P.S: I guess the OS is logging some activity in the internal memory which I am not able to see because the phone is not rooted.
  6. ayush29k

The OS builds up its own cache for its own running processes, its called the Dalvik cache, its takes up atleast 30-40mb, only rooted users have access to clear that up.
  7. 5hashank

5hashank New Member

So is that like a bug ? because this way it will keep on building up and one can never clear it up on a stock ROM !

DiskUsage app has an option for showing Dalvik cache. Upon filtering it doesn't show any Dalvik cache on my phone.
  8. ayush29k

Its not a bug, its normal in all android devices. It won't keep building up, the system keeps clearing it after some time but at any time it does takes up 30-40mb space.
    Well if that filtering frees up any space then its all good, else its just no good.
  9. Mackinon

Mackinon Well-Known Member

even SMS and call logs occupy a lot of internal memory you can free up some of it buy deleting the stuff you don't want.. you can also back up the stuff to gmail and then delete if you still want all this stuff..
  10. sleedeane

sleedeane Well-Known Member

Yeah. A lot. Hopefully the op did the one click cache cleaner as it also cleans the logs, histories, cache etc.
    I gain15-30mb everyday.