system formatted..Need Help!!Support

1. oceanic815

oceanic815 New Member

I formatted my system data of my galaxy y phone without having any backup..now i cannot able to restart my phone:( ...please help me in re-installing the android in it.

Advertisement
    Jedihdya likes this.
  2. teja989

teja989 Active Member

i m giving two solutions and both works
    1) switch off your phone then go to recovery mode by pressing (vol up+home key+power key) simultaneously then choose option wipe data and wipe cache and then reboot system..your phone must start without restoring to new firmware or if you want to install new firmware then follow option second below-
    since you have not created any backups you have lost all your data and that data cannot be recovered.....
    now to answer your question-
    2) you have to install stock rom using odin
    for indian stock rom visit-http://www.mediafire.com/?6irsu4z6y16i446

for tutorial for flashing by odin visit--http://androidadvices.com/update-samsung-galaxy-s5360-dxkj3-gingerbread-236-firmware/2/

dont compare files with androidadvices because they are of different firmware just follow tutorial...

note-if you are from country other than from asia then you can google your country`s firmware and flash by odin from tutorial mentioned above...

PRESS THANKS
    Jedihdya and oceanic815 like this.
  3. oceanic815

oceanic815 New Member

Thanks for responding teja...but i submitted my mobile to service center today..since it is in the warranty..can they solved my problem?? they told me that it may be motherboard problem or OS problem & called me in the evening to check whether my phone is ok or not.. So i am just waiting till evening.
  4. teja989

teja989 Active Member

If you are on stock rom and if you havent rooted your phone then you are on safe side but if you r on custom rom or rooted then they will charge you... ..
    I was charged 50$ for replacing motherboard coz my phone was dropped in water
  5. ninadchaudhari

ninadchaudhari What's up !

as the device does not boot up,
    those guys will never know if the device was rooted :)

but yes,
    do play safe in root :rolleyes:
    also,
    rooting though does void the warranty ( if guys at service center know what that is ;) )
  6. xXmarvsXx

xXmarvsXx New Member

can you help me pls..? because the thread of my problem was closed, i download an application to my samsung galaxy y, then when i open it, the light or brightness is fading until it turns to all black, then when i switch it off, then open again, i can't see anything but the sound in opening part of samsung was there, until i noticed that it still working, but my problem is, i hard to see the screen, ( totally no light or brightness ), but for some angle, i can see a little bit, pls.. help me.. there is no light that comes out in my device, i think that reformatting can help, but it didn't..
  7. Jedihdya

Jedihdya New Member

Hi, this is my first time posting to Phandroid, anyways, I also made the mistake of formatting my system, the only difference is that I am using the LG Lucid 4G from Verizon. At this point I have started the same process but thought "might as well post to see if there is a definite solution for me." And please, seriously my phone is my life and I am 60% not capable of being happy without it...

Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated!
  8. Jedihdya

Jedihdya New Member

Hi, this is my first time posting to Phandroid, anyways, I also made the mistake of formatting my system, the only difference is that I am using the LG Lucid 4G from Verizon. At this point I have started the same process but thought "might as well post to see if there is a definite solution for me." And please, seriously my phone is my life and I am 60% not capable of being happy without it...

Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated!
  9. joreign20

joreign20 New Member

Hello, I accidentally formatted the system of my galaxy y and now it turns in samsung logo boot loop only...i tried to press volume up + home key + power button but nothing happens also i tried volume down + home key + power button but nothing happens.. I'm stuck up with samsung logo boot loop.. Is there anyone who can help me?Please this is my only phone...Im poor...