System Panel LightGeneral

Last Updated:

1. namu1107

namu1107 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

May 20, 2010
    No No No..this is NOT another task killer debate type thread.

Anyways, I use system panel light to check what is running in my background, just to have an idea. My question is, what is a cached application (inactive)? I am wondering, because I am trying to optimize my battery life and I want to know how this phone works with things running in the background. Should I end those applications that are cached, or are the really not doing anything sitting there?

2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

May 23, 2010
    hmm I'll try to explain it as simply as possible......

it means the app is inactive so instead of it retaining the entire program in memory it has cached the app (taken a picture of the status the app was in and written it to ROM), it leaves a placemarker in the active memory in its place........... this way when you call that app back up its in the same state as when you left it......... but it hasnt been taking up RAM in the meantime

while these apps are cached they really arent hurting anything........ one could argue that the placemarker being held in memory its still taking up space.......... but in the grand scheme of things its not.....
    namu1107 likes this.