• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root System software not authorized by verizon..

Foxhound1234

Aug 21, 2013
Just rooted my phone and i was using an app to make my sd card into 2 partiotions, though the phone restarted and this message popped up with a yellow yield sign and an exclamation mark in the middle of it "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help".

I found out how to get around thisv (go into odin then press the down volume key to cancel then tye phone boots up) but I can't get into the root recovery menu whitgout this message popping up. I can't even do a factory reset. I only have root with busy box no ROM was installed, well its custom.. but you know what i mean. Can anyone help me?

I'm on 4.1.2

Try flashing the old bootloader with odin. old_bl.tar.md5 | by billard412 for Galaxy Stellar

If that doesn't work then you might need to go back to stock, re root, install twrp recovery, and install loki.

Tried It, It just says "Recovery booting" at the top left of the screen then It turns completely off. But I tried It once more, It did the same thing but It actually formatted. So that's the first time It has worked since I rooted. Once again man thanks lol. You should be tech support!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones