system sounds

Last Updated:

1. Lithium

Lithium Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone found a way to change the G1s system sounds? for example I want my G1 to have a different "Audible selection" noise. instead of the click noise I would like to use an MP3.

Advertisement
  2. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

On your SD Card make a directory to hold your phone media, and in that directory make four new directories,

alarms, notifications and ringtones

i.e

/sdcard/media/alarms
    /sdcard/media/notifications
    /sdcard/media/ringtones

whatever you place in the alarms directory, the alarm app will be able to use these, the same goes for notifications and ringtones.

I haven't got my G1 with me today, but I do know there is a directory called "ui" that contains the audio for the click you are referring to. If you have root you can change the sample in

/system/media/audio/ui/ (its called Effect_Tick I think)

alternatively you could try making a directory /sdcard/media/ui and put an mp3 in there. I cant see it working, but it would be logical if it did judging how all the other directories work.

If you have root, the above bold path should work

3. Lithium

Lithium Member This Topic's Starter

thanks a lot, I will have to mess with it when I get home. Im trying to turn my phone into a codec:D

4. MHVishal

MHVishal New Member

Thank you for these! I remember them back in System 6 and System 7 days.There used to be package of eWorld sounds that I liked as well.I know no one really ever used Apple's online service,but liked it(despite its ultra high price).