System Standby ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. Demos16

Demos16 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, I am a fairly new Incredible user and I have been having a bit of an issue as of late. My battery has been draining faster than usual for the past few days, and when I did a little bit of investigating I saw that it was largely due to system standby. It showed me that the time without service was nearly 50%. Has anyone else experienced this problem that knows of some kind of fix?

Advertisement
  2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

I don't think thats a problem at all. What apps are you running? I am assuming you probably have the sync intervals too close together.

Do you have GPS/bluetooth/wifi/etc. on or off?

3. Demos16

I have gps, wifi, and bluetooth all off. I'm not running any very intense applications. Mostly facebook, twitter, mlb at bat, and a few others. The phone seems to drop from 3g to 1x quite often.

4. woop

Well its not a matter of the app being intense or not, even the simplest app can completely ruin your battery life if they're constantly syncing in the background. If you have Appbrain installed, care to post your app list?

5. Demos16

6. woop

From your list, I would have to guess either Slacker or Meebo. I've had Meebo, and because it is an IMing app, it must constantly sync to check if you have received any IMs, thus using your battery life. It absolutely killed mine, so I took it off. With Slacker, there have been a few people who've had issues with it not fully shutting down.

Try tweeking those two and see if you don't get better battery life.

7. Demos16

Thanks for the advice, ill give it a shot and see what happens.