System UI has stoppedSupport

1. phillyundead

phillyundead Well-Known Member

Woke up and my Xperia z keeps saying it when I try to open settings. No new apps. No updates. I'm not sure what's causing it. I'm on T-Mobile and 4.1.2. Any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. phillyundead

Here's a screenshot

Attached Files:

3. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Are you rooted
  4. phillyundead

Yes. I have been since day 1
  5. BRAINZ2013

Ok the system ui is the status bar and the settings . You need to do a wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache batterystats and reboot back into rom . If this don't work you will need to do a full wipe to correct the problem.
  6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Whoa, hold on! :eek:

@phillyundead
    What recovery are you using, CWM or TWRP? If it's CWM then read this before proceeding, as wiping cache can cause problems.
  7. phillyundead

I'm using the stock Xperia T-Mobile rom
  8. phillyundead

I can't get to cache but I did wipe dalvik. What is the battery stats?
  9. BRAINZ2013

Didn't know it was a problem with cwm.but this fixed a friends phone at work . But also is stated that a hard reset through pc companion would work but this will wipe your root away . You can also wipe the settings apk clean . And reboot .
  10. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

It's usually under the Advanced recovery menu, and wipes the file governing the software "fuel gauge" on the phone.

It can be on the Xperia Z, although recent updates are supposed to have fixed it. I've yet to pluck up the courage to try.
  11. disketx

disketx Member

hi, im also having the same problem.

just to check if u're using a different keyboard like swype or swiftkey keyboard?

because i use swiftkey and some othe keyboard (but i stick to swiftkey). and everytime the error came up, i disable the swiftkey and power off the phone for 1 minute. then, its all okay.

it's happen on my 2 android. Ainol Numy 3g ax1 (Jelly bean 4.2.1) and Lenovo a390 (4.0.4). ---> same symptom and same troubleshoot method.

if u try follow like what i did (and if it works), then android has a problem with 3rd party keyboard apps...

p/s : before i came to this, i tried uninstalling all apps. and i narrowed down the suspect to "live wallpaper" and the 3rd party keyboard. and between this 2, i am pretty sure the 3rd party keyboard is the problem.

*** i really hope you or anyone reading this who have the same problem to verify this.
  12. phillyundead

It was from me rooting and dialing a system app. I don't have the z anymore but it was fixed when I enabled the app again.
  13. disketx

disketx Member

14. disketx

disketx Member

okay i would like to apologize.

the problem was the battery stats cache. need to clear it off.