System Update 2.27.651.6 (3.17MB) FOTA Available

Last Updated:

1. asiangolfer

asiangolfer Well-Known Member

i updated and the phone's lagginess is gone. It used to take a long time between dialing a contact and the phone call being made. so far, thats the only difference i see.

Advertisement
  2. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member

This is ridiculous man. I don't have the problems I've been reading about with 2.1 for I haven't installed the official, but I sure have read about the people and their problems. Sprint cares more about the select few people that know what rooting is and attempt to do it (voiding there own warranty mind you) and can't focus labor on useful updates.. why?
  3. Traviswf

Traviswf Well-Known Member

What's funny is that I was on the phone with HTC's tech support when I saw this update and I asked the guy and he goes "Um... I have no idea. What does it say?"
  4. Firehawk

Firehawk Well-Known Member

Yea I noticed this also
  5. EgeBamyasi

EgeBamyasi Well-Known Member

That's so Sprint/HTC can keep you with an issue-plagued phone that you will get so fed up with that you will want to drop more $$$ for the EVO.
  6. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Hoos likes this.
  7. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

Not getting my hopes up, but for right now the dialer lag is gone.
  8. LBPHeretic

It would be nice if Sprint released some change log notes for this update. A few people are reporting the dialer lag is gone after the update has been applied.

Perhaps there are other minor bug fixes that have not been discovered yet. Of course, the update is only around 3MB, so it cannot be fixing that much.
  9. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

10. aclark414

aclark414 Well-Known Member

Very interesting that we are being kept in the dark about what this update does...
  11. bronchial

bronchial Member

12. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

I disabled OTA updates on my phone to make sure I don't accidentally install this.
  13. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

14. regression

regression Well-Known Member

Same here. So far so good....
  15. jbrown

jbrown Member

This OTA update actually wiped my phone yesterday. I had the "official" 2.1 installed at a Sprint store by their techs the day before, then I saw the OTA update and installed it. About 20 minutes later my phone wouldn't even power on. Thinking it was the battery, I changed out batteries and when it booted up it gave me a weird screen where my only option was to erase all data. Thinking I got here my accidently pressing buttons when changing the battery, I removed and reinstalled the battery. Booted up just fine then, but everything was wiped from my phone. I had to start all over again!! :((

Anyone else experience this???
  16. jamesrick80

jamesrick80 Member

Just recieved a OTA update for my hero, I'm currently running android 2.1 on it and I would like to know what this update was for. I just installed it.
  17. LBPHeretic

18. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

What the update does...it patches the root for hero/evo .........

so to all of you that are running unrooted hero's ...i suggest you don't update if you are planning on rooting your phone in the next couple of days..
  19. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

^ IIRC, it does not patch root for the Evo (at least the unrevoked apk method still works). It only patches root on the Hero.
  20. lil goat

lil goat Active Member

I just got an HTC update to 2.27.651.6, I just did a check for HTC updates and it downloaded and installed, I have no idea what it is.
  21. Kataclysmic

Kataclysmic Well-Known Member

Yup, mine updated to that last night.

Of course, this is the build #, not firmware version.
  22. lil goat

lil goat Active Member

Sprint Nav is back, I am soooo thrilled
  23. Sabre66

Sabre66 Well-Known Member

Just downloaded it...what does it do? Did it fix any quirks?
  24. LBPHeretic

25. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

supposedly the only thing the update does is take away your ability to root, so if you want to be able to root your phone then don't install the update