"System update avaible" message keeps appearingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Haahr

Haahr New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey to everyone.

I have a weird problem with my Nexus 1. I rooted it when I got it (some months ago), so I don't really remember all the details about how I did it, was probably some cyanogen mod thing. However back then I remember having a small issue with the "system update available" message that displays in the notification bar, when an update is available. The problem was that the message kept appearing even though the 2.2 update was successfully installed. The problem seemed to disappear at some point, but now it is back, and worse. I cannot turn on or wake up my phone without getting the annoying message in my face. I did try to follow the instructions in the message and actually install the update and reboot (even though the phone is running 2.2), however it didn't help. So right now I am pressing the "install later" option every time I want to use the phone.

Also. I found out that I can root the phone with the program Universal Androot, so I guess the solution would be to somehow unroot using the old method (that I have forgotten) and then just use the Universal Androot program whenever I want to do something that requires root.

Now the reason I write all this is that I am a bit scared of bricking the thing (even though i hear it should be next to impossible). If anyone has a good idea how to get rid of the update message I would be very thankfull.

About phone:
    Nexus One
    Android 2.2
    Baseband version: 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-27220-g328f560 android-build@apa26 #1
    Build number: FRF50

Advertisement
  2. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

There have been several threads on this issue for various phones, try searching the forums and/or Google.

3. Haahr

Haahr New Member This Topic's Starter

I am very sorry for posting if posts about this already exit. Did search both Google and this forum, but was unable to find anything. Maybe I am just blind though. Oh well, will try more searching.

4. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

You're on a very old, leaked 2.2 build... the update will bump you to FRF91.

My guess is you have a custom recovery installed? Either junk that, or look on XDA Devs or MoDoCo for a repackaged FRF91 (or even FRG33 if you want to be right at the edge) update to work on custom recoveries.