System Update is Available (3.29.651.5)Support

Last Updated:

1. erichg1000

erichg1000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Do we have any info on what the update is? I was thinking about rooting this week (I have 2.2) but don't want to update if it will get in the way of the XDA root method thingy

Advertisement
  2. vvplatinum

vvplatinum Active Member

Didn't that come out like a few weeks ago? That fixed the Frame Rate Cap, also fixed Calender bugs, and fixed the dreaded Pandora Codec issue. Not sure what else but im pretty sure thats what that update was.....

3. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

That is the update that was released 9/22. It is not a new update. For some reason folks have been getting emails and notifications recently.

As always, if you are rooted DO NOT take any OTA updates! Taking an OTA update while rooted may break your current root.

If you are not rooted, always check your current software version to make sure you are not applying an update that you already have installed. Check Menu>Settings>About Phone>Software Information>Build Number. If the current number matches the number of the update DO NOT apply the update.

Applying the update before you root should not cause any problems but I would just root and then flash the rooted version of the stock 3.29.651.5 ROM.