System Update rendered my Incredible unreadable to any PC/Laption. HELP!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. Pooh434

Pooh434 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, I'm totally PO'd. I received the OTA update Saturday night, while sitting in the airport; and I accepted it. Yesterday afternoon, I go to copy my vacation pics from my phone to my laptop and it won't recognize my phone and it's storage. :( I have USB debugging checked correctly. I tried to connect the phone to my desktop PC, and I got the same error. Just now at work, I tried to connect to the desktop PC; and I'm getting the same "unrecognize device" error. My pics, videos and music are accessible via my phone (no data loss...yet), but no laptop/PC will recognize the SD card or internal phone memory. Please help!!!! Now, I also can't connect to my PDAnet either. :mad: I'm scared to take the card out and put in the adapter to check, because I don't want to lose all my data. Is there any way to back up my SD card in my phone without a computer??? I have AstroFile and AndroZip...

Advertisement
  2. Pooh434

Okay, I'm totally PO'd. I received the OTA update Saturday night, while sitting in the airport; and I accepted it. Yesterday afternoon, I go to copy my vacation pics from my phone to my laptop and it won't recognize my phone and it's storage. :( I have USB debugging checked correctly. I tried to connect the phone to my desktop PC, and I got the same error. Just now at work, I tried to connect to the desktop PC; and I'm getting the same "unrecognize device" error. My pics, videos and music are accessible via my phone (no data loss...yet), but no laptop/PC will recognize the SD card or internal phone memory. Please help!!!! Now, I also can't connect to my PDAnet either. :mad: I'm scared to take the card out and put in the adapter to check, because I don't want to lose all my data. Is there any way to back up my SD card in my phone without a computer??? I have AstroFile and AndroZip...

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Try turning off USB debugging and then choose "Disk Drive" under USB settings.

4. Pooh434

Thanks Neco, but that didn't work. Heck if I know what's going on. I just need to be able to copy these files from my SD card before I go reformatting (erasing) anything. Ugh!!! So much for a maintenance update...

5. rezeew

rezeew Well-Known Member

If you need a decent stopgap way to get the pics off before you start whacking it with a hammer, try dropbox rather than emailing them or otherwise one-at-a-timing it. I use it a lot when a USB cable is not at hand or when I'm just too lazy to go get my phone out of the other room and plug it in.

Pooh434 likes this.
  6. Pooh434

Will definately try the Dropbox thing. I never had to pull the SD card before with any update; however, I'll be sure to do it from now on. A lot of people are reporting various problems with this update from total loss of all data (involuntary factory reset) to being stuck in boot up mode...

7. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

Have you tried rebooting the phone (and maybe the computer for good measure)? Also, are you using the stock cable?

8. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are missing the drivers, try installing htc sync on the computer.