System Update with an iMacSupport

Last Updated:

1. jimmyrocking

jimmyrocking Member This Topic's Starter

Hello! I have had my xperia mini for a couple weeks and I am enjoying it. I have a question though. I cant manage to get a system update with my imac. I enjoy both apple and sony products and have had macs for 10 years. There must be way to do it. Looking forward to my android system update from 1.6 and the ability to use the paid market. I live in Norway....Any ideas about the mac and mini update problem?

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

As far as I am aware the update services currently only run on PC's. Whether they will change this I don't know. So for the time being I think you will have to borrow a friends or family member to run the update.

3. jimmyrocking

Thanks! You are a real expert on the mini:)

4. rosered

I just found out today that Norway is on the roll out from Android Market to get paid apps!

Have a look Product Launch Blog

So that might be one thing that gets sorted in the next few weeks!

5. jimmyrocking

Yes, you are right about paid apps in Norway!

I saw them available a couple of days ago. I hope to try out some of them.

I love the mini, but I have had a problem with the battery lately. I had it fully charged at 10 am and it was dead by 4.30pm the same day yesterday! I thought it could be one of the apps draining the battery or something else was wrong. I completely reset the phone and took out all the apps. I installed a battery saver app that seems to work well. I fully charged it last night and it has been going a full day without dying so it seems to have done the trick:)

6. rosered

I had a battery widget that killed my battery! Took me a while to cotton on to which app it was that was doing it so just install them one at a time and give each app a day to bed in and see if its a power drain.

I also recently installed a theme to go on my ADW launcher and it wiped out 30% of my battery in a couple of hours, fortunately it was the only change I had made so it was instantly obvious.