• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have installed the update. It took about 10 minutes to install and boot again.

I have not yet noticed any drastic improvements or new issues, but I have not been using it for very long after the update. It is running relatively fast, but it usually does right after a boot.

The thing that jumped out at me when I read the update features was this: "The following applications have been removed as preloaded: IM, Blockbuster, Verizon Video and Verizon Vcast." The first thing I did was to try and uninstall Blockbuster through the default application manager. Rather than an "Uninstall" button there was only "Uninstall updates" which I pressed, and it said "Uninstall failed." However, there is no longer an option to force stop or uninstall and the application manager says it now takes up 0.00B. So I hope it's effectively gone?

Let's Golf 2 and NFS Shift were split into 2 applications so you can uninstall the bulky data portion, but unfortunately not the smaller application. This wasn't mentioned in the update features, did this happen on the last update and I just didn't notice?

After I saw that I could uninstall portions of those two games I got hopeful that maybe I could get rid of things like Slacker Radio. Unfortunately not.

I just called my voicemail to see about the improved call clarity. It does sound a little clearer to me, I haven't tested it talking to an actual person though.

Reactions: saptech
Upvote 0
I haven't noticed any drastic improvements either. I did noticed it say you can uninstall Lets Golf and NFS Shift, i'm not sure if it will uninstall completely or not, I hope it will. My Blockbuster also show Uninstall Updates only. Not sure about the call clarity, I really haven't used the phone part much.

My phone is stock, not rooted.

Upvote 0
My strat had a USB-charging-port-failure ... the new one arrived JUST before the system update ... so I have not had time to root it or even re-load more than a few apps yet ...

After the update, I can no longer use the stock browser or Dolphin (stock-overlay) over WiFi but they work over 4G just fine

I then installed FireFox (since it's a browser not overlaying stock) and it works fine.

I cannot see how my not-very-installed essentially-new-unit could have been screwed up by anything I did to have the browser malfunction like this ...

Anyone else seeing browser-on-wifi malfunctions?

Upvote 0
After that first update, I'm not going through with this one unless it doesn't ruin the device any further.

Been a month, have the browser issues been resolved in any form? What are the full note of changes on the phone? And more importantly, does the device hold connections to Wifi and the data network properly now?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones