System Update

1. SacredBloodlin

SacredBloodlin Well-Known Member

So, like a lot of people I got my phone brand new and three days later I rooted it and started playing with it. However, I didn't know this phone was going to be so unpopular that the development of aftermarket software is practically nonexistent. So, about a month after playing with it, I start getting hounded by my phone to do the OTA update. However, I can't because its rooted and I get an error code that is very common on LG phones. Apparently LG doesn't like people messing with their stuff. Ever since then I have had a little gear in the status bar telling me there is an update (that I can't install) and I want it to either go away or find out how to trick the phone into applying the update so that I can have the update. I don't care about losing root since there is nothing going on right now anyways. And I really don't have $100 to pay for a replacement (through insurance if it gets "broken" lol)

Advertisement
  2. wiisixtyfour

wiisixtyfour Well-Known Member

You can download the latest firmware .cab file and then flash it using the Unbrick/Unroot guide by sammyz. I'm pretty sure there's also away to stop the software update from popping up but I don't remember how and I have not done that.
  3. SacredBloodlin

SacredBloodlin Well-Known Member

So, just in case someone else is in my position with this "system update" prompt and want to get rid of it, obtain root and use your favorite app to uninstall "System Update", I did and now my gear icon went away from the notification bar.