systempanel appSupport

Last Updated:

1. the_ahmadzais

the_ahmadzais Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello guys just got this app systempanel what kind of app this suppose to be? Isit a task killer? I want something to make my battery longer. On fw 26 rooted.

Advertisement
  2. Aimy77

Aimy77 Well-Known Member

SystemPanel is a cool app. It is mainly used to provide critical system info to you such as the main app users of CPU, how much memory you have left, and most importantly which applications are running (and in what capacity).

If you look at the top of your list it says Active Applications (those currently running). It further breaks them down into "foreground" and "background," meaning those apps that are running and consuming CPU and those that are running but in the "background," consuming very little CPU.

You can use this as a task killer but I don't believe you can set it to run at intervals. Simply hit "End All" and it will kill everything except for your excluded tasks. If you see a process that you'd like to see running no matter what (for example, I use Beautiful Widgets on my home screen so I don't want that to be killed), long-press it, click "details" and press "Exclude!". Now, on the main screen, there will be a little blue bar next to it. This means that if you hit the button "End All", this process won't be killed.

You can also place a widget to "End All" on your home screen. Personally I use this more for system information and less as a task killer, even though it can be used as such.

Hope this helps, it's a great app!!

3. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

Unless you have an app that doesn't quit when you leave it (and doesn't have a quit command), and which eats up CPU or network usage while running in the background, you shouldn't have any need for a task killer. Android is Linux-based, it's not Windows. You don't need to quit every running app to save on resources, as the OS manages things pretty well on it's own.

System Panel is great utility, and I do use it as a quick app killer to kill misbehaving apps. But it's much more useful as a tool to determine which apps are misbehaving in the first place.

4. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

I rooted my phone, removed some crap and uset app killer to improve batterylife. Now I run original software and no app killer and I get better batterylife now. :)