• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mo not doing Gingerbread upgrade anymore

Anges

Feb 14, 2011
I finally decided to go to my T-Mo store to get them to upgrade my phone because I have been too busy to do it myself and I figured I would be lazy.

The tech said he did not know what I was talking about. :(
When I mentioned their website stating that they (the store) would install the Gingerbread update I was given a very blank stare.

He called the mothership and they said that they STOPPED the push of the Gingerbread upgrade because they are in the process of putting together a newer upgrade.

What the frack???

So now I am going to have to do this myself....guess what i will be doing for the holidays.

a newer upgrade huh??? Wonder if the phone will be getting ICS. NOW That would be cool. Then again we are talking about Tmo here. They are always behind the curve.

GB is an updated OS. 2.3.4 is what the MT4G is currently on. I know the process is simple to update. Just load the update.zip file somewhere in this forum and follow directions. I had to get a replacement a few months back and it came preloaded with GB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones