T-mo Rep said update has been pulledSupport

1. dirtypaulie

dirtypaulie Member

Phone was in the process of updating via usb. Loose usb pug disconnected & now 1 of the G2X's died. We call LG & T-mobile & we were informed that the Gingerbread update has been pulled. They also said that when we get the replacement to not update it until we get a notification., smh

Advertisement
    :
  2. nemesys06

nemesys06 Well-Known Member

They lie, I just got the ota this morning.
  3. dirtypaulie

dirtypaulie Member

I doubt they lied. I heard the same thing from a T-mobile & rep & an LG rep. If you just look at some of the threads posted since this update was released more than a few people will be having to get a replacement phones due to the amount of people who's phone has died during the update. If you got the oat update & your phone is good consider yourself lucky. My phone got the update & i'm good. But 1 out of 2 phones died. that's a 50-50 chance
  4. nateap87

nateap87 Well-Known Member

Update hasn't been pulled.
  5. nateap87

nateap87 Well-Known Member

Also works fine when we do the manual update for customers that come in
  6. dirtypaulie

dirtypaulie Member

I'm just going by what I was told by a T-mobile rep & a LG rep. I was giving a heads up to the community. Do with the info as you will. Like the damn reps don't lie to people. smh
  7. Matt3166

Matt3166 Well-Known Member

I actually had a problem (I posted a different thread) the update froze midway through, had to shut down my phone and when trying the system update in settings it says I have the current version, that was since Tuesday night.
    I stopped by a T-Mobile store yesterday, the Rep said he's heard of people having this problem and he knows there is a way for them to get it repushedto phones he just needs to talk to his supervisor and will get back to me about it today.
    I guess since the phone has pulled the update and is downloading it, the servers take it as you got it and can't manually pull it yourself.
  8. Matt3166

Matt3166 Well-Known Member

Just talked to a T-Mobile Rep and she said that the update is being worked on and they will be releasing it shortly. A problem with the update? Maybe adding the LG camera back? Who knows?
  9. mojorisin7178

mojorisin7178 Well-Known Member

Thats what I am hopeing for is the camera and that anyone who already has the update can get the fix
  10. awdroid

awdroid Member

Whew. I am lucky..
  11. Jerret

Jerret New Member

I guess I am lucky too. No problems updating