T-mob locked Mytouch! HelpSupport

Last Updated:

1. aoneto

aoneto New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everybody,, this is my first post here.. 1 week ago my brother bought a t-mobile mytouch in the US full price and he prepaid a month of service (is the one for 60 bucks with no contract) the thing is that he didn't activated it in the US.. actually he didnt even turn it on.. so once i got the phone down here in Argentina.. i get the screen to activate it.. but since there is no t-mobile signal in this country and for some reason it won't pick up any roaming partner.. im stranded with a dead phone.. what options do I have? I tried my sim card and it asks me for an unlock code.. i also even ordered the unlock code from 2 vendors.. one that i found on a forum.. and another one from ebay.. they where both unable to provide me the code.. and refunded my payments.. i need to activate this phone somehow so i can use it.. will rooting it unlock it? can it be rooted if its locked and not even past the "enter your google account" screen?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english..

Advertisement
  2. XxXSnake23XxX

XxXSnake23XxX Active Member

if what you are describing is a SIM LOCK then you need to contact t-moblie, and they will give you a code to unlock the SIM, but thats so weird b/c the only way to SIM lock a phone is if you do it manually in the menu... hmm

3. aoneto

thank you for your reply.. no not a sim lock.. basically i want to use a different company down here in argentina.. i need to unlock the phone to allow other sim cards to be used apart from the t-mobile one.. thats what i mean..

4. lethal

lethal Well-Known Member

la compania usa GSM? si usa GSM si puedes pero si es CDMA no puedes. Voy a buscar un website para el codico de mytouch para ti.

5. lethal

lethal Well-Known Member

6. aoneto

gracias lethal.. lets try to keep it in english.. :p I tried calling them as the website says.. but since the only way for them to verify my already paid for service plan is to text message the same phone im trying to unlock.. its impossible for them to process my request.. how stupid is that?

7. lethal

lethal Well-Known Member

well tell them you got it as a gift and theres no service on it but you need the unlock code to actually give it service since tmobile is not available in Argentina