T-Mobile 2.2 Update???

Last Updated:

1. fl21289

fl21289 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone else knew anything about T-mobile 2.2 update for mytouch and other phones??? They said by Aug but that was last month.

Any news will help thank!

Advertisement
  2. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

There was an update released in August, but it was just a bugfix. I think the promise of 2.2 "soon" got combined with a confirmed August release of unknown content - that turned out to be the bugfix - is what made people think Froyo was due in August. I haven't heard anything except speculation about 2.2 for the myTouch 3G devices since the original news a couple of months ago...

3. desman75

desman75 New Member

I actually spoke to T-Mobile UK about this a couple of days ago as I was getting frustrated with everyone else having Froyo and my Desire still running 2.1

I was told that it was due sometime in September but they do not have a confirmed date . . . . hope that helps and doesn't just add to the frustration of waiting :mad:

4. fl21289

fl21289 New Member This Topic's Starter

Ahhh... i guess ill keep waiting then.... i am about to just Root it myself...

5. @ndrew

@ndrew Well-Known Member

Update avaliable for me now! I have a branded T-Moble desire.

6. visuea123

visuea123 New Member

I have the HTC Desire as well on T-Mobile. I got the update this morning, and even though I have new apps and the phone is faster, why does it look the same as before. I thought the look of the phone was suppose to change.

I can't find any settings that will change it.

7. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

I think if you're running vanilla Android there are some visual differences. If you have HTC's Sense you probably won't see anything different...