T-Mobile 3G Coverage In South Florida

Last Updated:

1. FreshPrince

FreshPrince Well-Known Member

(Mostly Broward County)

How is it? I had T-Mobile back in the Sidekick 2 days, but that's long before 3G. I have AT&T right now and it's OK, but I'm contemplating a move over to T-Mobile without a contract with the purchase of the Nexus One unlocked. It'd save me almost $30-40 per month and if I don't like it I can go back to AT&T for the iPhone 4G.

So how's T-Mobile's 3G coverage in South Florida, particularly if you have the Nexus One?

Advertisement
  2. FreshPrince

Bump.

Ready to buy but only if the 3G is good over here.
  3. SLVR

SLVR Well-Known Member

Not sure about Broward but its fine here in WPB. No problems at all.
  4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i was in kissimme/Orlando about a week ago and had no issues.
  5. ScottAllyn

ScottAllyn Active Member

'Good coverage a wee bit north of you in Tampa, tho Verizon is quite a bit faster here.
  6. FreshPrince

Appreciate the responses. A friend of mine is ordered an N1 and should have it soon. I have a class with him so I'll check out the 3G there. Thanks.
  7. Jceinc

Jceinc Well-Known Member

I know this is old but how is the N1 working for you here Prince?
  8. SBERG

SBERG Well-Known Member

South fl coverage seems good for me. No issues to speak of.
    Jceinc likes this.
  9. Jceinc

Jceinc Well-Known Member

How far south are ya? I'm on the Treasure Coast and the nearest towers are palm bch and Vero. Not sure if that matters??
  10. SBERG

SBERG Well-Known Member

Im in North Miami Beach. I hang out everywhere from south miami to palm beach and my coverage is always good.
    Jceinc likes this.
  11. zeroG

zeroG Active Member

My gf had t-mobile and she complained all the time about the service, and their rates. She recently switch to verizon with me and couldn't be happier
    Jceinc likes this.
  12. RCinFLA

RCinFLA Member

If you live or hangout in a well populated area of S. Fla. the coverage is good.

Look at their maps and take one or two miles off of their outer coverage boundary. The maps are probably valid if you are outside on your roof. All network carriers are under pressure by competition with other carriers to stretch the truth on their coverage area. Make sure you take note of 3G boundary versus 2G boundary.

I live in Boynton Beach just east of 441 and get poor 3G coverage in my house. I use WiFi for data link in house so no real problem.

East of turnpike here is solid 3G coverage.