T-Mobile and Verizon vids

Last Updated:

1. brooks77

brooks77 Member This Topic's Starter

Now I just switched from T-Mobile to Verizon this week
    mainly because of the better coverage and the Droid
    I always assumed YouTube videos would play faster on Verizons network
    But it seems that there's no difference. Videos load just as slow on Verizon
    I thought having a Droid would speed up the loading and buffering I'm the middle of videos. So my question is is it the processor on the phones or the network? And will the 1ghz processors have the same issue? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Combination of "all of the above" actually. The network is only as fast as the coverage you have. If you have 3G coverage with both carriers, the speed difference of the network is minimal.

The processor definitely plays a role in the overall phones performance, multi-tasking abilities, etc. but actual "clock speeds" are not that different between many of the new smartphones. Will a video load faster on an overclocked droid running at 1.2GHz vs. a 550MHz, non OC'd droid??? Yes...but it will most likely not be a "night and day" difference.

3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Actually if you have T-Mobile 3G then you would get much faster speeds then VZW offers. T-Mobile uses HSPA capable of up to 7.2MBPS DL and HSPA+ which does 21MBPS DL versus VZW 3G EVDO Rev A capable of like 3.6MBPS. I don't know why your having buffer problems though, I can watch a 10 mi nute clip in HQ and it doesn't buffer or skip it all. Doesn't take very long at all to load usually either.

4. brooks77

Those are interesting comments. I thought maybe my settings was off. Because it does take forever to load a HQ video. And my friends palm pre loads them quick
    Didn't make me happy when we were doing phone wars

5. brooks77

Oh well. Thanks fellas.

6. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Yeah, but a "HQ" video on a Palm Pre is the low quality one on your Droid :/

Kind of a side effect when the screen has 1/3 of the pixels :p