• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] Anyone Know Where To Find HTC One M7 RUU for TMob?

Scotty, I know we're close to the end here because there's not much we can do but as a last bit of weirdness, get this: I went to trickdroid, downloaded the rom and followed the instructions for removing aroma, which i did. I then adb pushed the rom to sd card. I flashed the zip and it went all the way through with a success message and in following what it was doing, everything went ok, including boot images, no errors with a message saying 'success, reboot phone and enjoy rom.'

I press reboot and i get the message "you are not rooted, would you like to install Super SU." I say yes, reboot and it goes to the htc splash for 20 seconds and then into twrp. So in short, I know for sure the rom was successful and somewhere on that phone that rom is fully functional and ready to use, the problem being, something is telling the phone to go to recovery. The rom told the phone to reboot and the phone is using recovery as a default for everything.

Again, I now firmly believe the rom stuck and is there somewhere. Acessing it, or telling the phone to boot into that roms boot menu is a different thing altogether, but assuming we believe the rom stuck, is there anything else you can offer or are we done?

I feel like I'm done lol

EDIT: Reflashed again to try to follow the log as it installed. Anything weird here?

"Forrmatting partitions"

"System is unmounted already."

"Mounting partitions"

"Data is mounted already."

"Kernel will be installed on start up"

"Unmounting partitions'

"Installation finished"

Upvote 0
Some interesting reading guys ...
I have to agree with the different cable or pc theory.

I had a 3 hour adventure just trying to get "fastboot getver all" one day and it turned out I had used a usb hub that gave me all kind of problems. as soon as I used a usb port from the motherboard everything was fine.

yeah,i should have mentioned that... non-powered hubs espeically,can cause all sorts of issues.

Scotty, I know we're close to the end here because there's not much we can do but as a last bit of weirdness, get this: I went to trickdroid, downloaded the rom and followed the instructions for removing aroma, which i did. I then adb pushed the rom to sd card. I flashed the zip and it went all the way through with a success message and in following what it was doing, everything went ok, including boot images, no errors with a message saying 'success, reboot phone and enjoy rom.'

I press reboot and i get the message "you are not rooted, would you like to install Super SU." I say yes, reboot and it goes to the htc splash for 20 seconds and then into twrp. So in short, I know for sure the rom was successful and somewhere on that phone that rom is fully functional and ready to use, the problem being, something is telling the phone to go to recovery. The rom told the phone to reboot and the phone is using recovery as a default for everything.

Again, I now firmly believe the rom stuck and is there somewhere. Acessing it, or telling the phone to boot into that roms boot menu is a different thing altogether, but assuming we believe the rom stuck, is there anything else you can offer or are we done?

I feel like I'm done lol

EDIT: Reflashed again to try to follow the log as it installed. Anything weird here?

"Forrmatting partitions"

"System is unmounted already."

"Mounting partitions"

"Data is mounted already."

"Kernel will be installed on start up"

"Unmounting partitions'

"Installation finished"

hmm did you try rebooting again,after it dumped you back in to recovery? maybe the 20 seconds on the splash was installing the kernel? devs do some kooky(IMO) stuff sometimes in attempts to make flashing easier. with the rezound,there were roms distributing a ph98img onto the sd card and booting you to hboot,kernel installing apps,all kinds of goofy stuff.

since youve gotten this far,try installing the trickdroid boot image manually. then maybe try it on another pc ;)

Upvote 0
Scotty, off topic a bit, but as a general question, do you have to have custom recovery to root if you have no intention of ever running a custom rom?

no sir,you do not. you can simply fastboot boot the recovery instead of flashing it permantly to flash the superuser files.

being rooted definately is not dependent on having an installed custom recovery. i actually didnt bother installing a permanent recovery on my rezound until i was able to s-off it.

have you had any luck?

Upvote 0
no sir,you do not. you can simply fastboot boot the recovery instead of flashing it permantly to flash the superuser files.

being rooted definately is not dependent on having an installed custom recovery. i actually didnt bother installing a permanent recovery on my rezound until i was able to s-off it.

have you had any luck?

No luck Scotty, smashed it to its death with a hammer so I could move on with my life. :D

Just to confirm what you said (feel free to move these questions/start new thread in the correct place), are you saying that flashing recovery in fastboot is temporary and will be wiped after a reboot, or are you saying if you flash recovery via fastboot and then flash super su it the root will stick but the recovery won't? I'm a bit skittish regarding the all-in-one-toolkit after what happened earler in the thread.

Upvote 0
No luck Scotty, smashed it to its death with a hammer so I could move on with my life. :D

Just to confirm what you said (feel free to move these questions/start new thread in the correct place), are you saying that flashing recovery in fastboot is temporary and will be wiped after a reboot, or are you saying if you flash recovery via fastboot and then flash super su it the root will stick but the recovery won't? I'm a bit skittish regarding the all-in-one-toolkit after what happened earler in the thread.

as for the recovery,it depends on how you flash it.

fastboot boot recovery.img = temporary disapears after you boot away from it. anything you flash from recovery while unlocked will stick.

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img = permanently installed on phone. you can boot to it whenever you like,even if youre not connected to a PC

i personally would recomend not using the toolkit. all the tings weve done here,you definatley have the knowldege to easily root your phone without it.

im working on a guide for the one,hopefully i can have it up in the next coupld days. it will be very similar to this one(rezound forum):
http://androidforums.com/rezound-al...ys-noob-friendly-root-guide-start-finish.html

Reactions: mike1000 and KOLIO
Upvote 0
you do need a custom recovery. you cant use the stock one,as it will only flash official,signed by htc files.

if you dont want a permanent recovery,you can just fastboot boot a recovery,use it to install superuser,then be done with it. :)

guide should be up in the international forum in a few... ill link when its done :)

Upvote 0
Is that the actual RUU for tmobile that I need to get back to original settings?

Everything went fine with my unlocking and rooting I just need to take my phone in because there was a defect in it, and I am pretty sure they won't take it back if it says tampered.

no,it is not an official ruu. it is simply a dump of the software from my m7's boot and system images,with an android info document that should allow the images to flash on the t mobile variant. its intended to get back a working phone,not make things t mobile stock.

for some reason we havent seen official RUUs for any us variants(besides the dev deition) yet. :mad:

Upvote 0
So am I SOL on getting rid of ***tampered*** and not being able to take my phone in?

Is there anything else I can do?

only way to get rid of tampered on an s on device is to relock and run an ruu. relocked is the best you can do.

with s on,and no ruu,you sort of are SOL :(

however, "moonshine" s-off is on its way. if youre thinking generally,rest assured if you s-off,you can get rid of relocked and tampered and you can turn s back on if you need to(tho i wouldnt... unless you have to for warranty exchange. s off makes your life easier)

if you need to warranty your phone now,id try and hang in there a few days. theyve posted a teaser pic here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2291087 hopefully soon! :D

Just have to jump in here and say... scotty85, you're The Man! Your perseverance & dedication to helping out is very impressive! Thank you, sir!

youre quite welcome. thanks for the thanks :D

Upvote 0
ok,its uploading now... its my personal dropbox,so ill pm you the link until i can figure out why i cant upload to androidfilehost :mad: its got a ways to go,tho...

when its done,youll put into your adb/fastboot directory,dont unzip.

-put phone in fastboot,open cmd,etc.
-flash with the following:
fastboot erase cache

fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot flash zip 1.29.1540.3miniruu.zip (assuming you dont change the name)

when it finishes,

fastboot reboot bootloader

fastboot reboot

assuming it works,your phone should boot into the developer edition software(with all your stock firmware,of course... this is just boot and system). should even allready be rooted. :)

should look something like this(ignore the filename is different):

Code:
c:\miniadb_m7>[COLOR=red]fastboot erase cache[/COLOR]
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [  0.048s]
finished. total time: 0.055s

c:\miniadb_m7>[COLOR=red]fastboot oem rebootRUU[/COLOR]
(bootloader) Start Verify: 0
OKAY [  0.043s]
finished. total time: 0.049s

c:\miniadb_m7>[COLOR=red]fastboot flash zip mini-RUU.zip[/COLOR]
sending 'zip' (951927 KB)...
OKAY [ 34.152s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
(bootloader) checking model ID...
(bootloader) checking custom ID...
(bootloader) start image[boot] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,boot,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,boot,6
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,boot,12
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,boot,18
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,boot,25
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,boot,31
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,boot,61
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,boot,86
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,boot,99
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,boot,100
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,boot,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,boot,100
(bootloader) ...... Successful
(bootloader) start image[system] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,2
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,3
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,5
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,5
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,6
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,8
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,9
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,10
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,11
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,12
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,13
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,15
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,16
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,17
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,18
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,1
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,2
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,3
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,5
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,5
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,6
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,8
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,9
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,10
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,11
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,12
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,13
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,15
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,16
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,17
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,18
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,18
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,19
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,20
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,21
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,23
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,23
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,24
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,26
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,27
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,28
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,29
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,30
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,31
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,33
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,34
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,36
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,18
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,19
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,20
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,21
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,23
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,23
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,24
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,26
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,27
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,28
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,29
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,30
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,31
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,33
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,34
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,35
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,36
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,36
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,37
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,38
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,39
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,41
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,41
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,42
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,44
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,45
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,46
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,48
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,49
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,51
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,52
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,53
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,54
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,36
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,37
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,38
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,39
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,41
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,41
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,42
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,44
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,45
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,46
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,47
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,48
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,49
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,51
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,52
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,53
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,54
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,56
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,57
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,59
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,59
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,60
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,61
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,63
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,64
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,65
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,66
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,68
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,70
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,71
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,72
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,54
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,55
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,56
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,57
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,59
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,59
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,60
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,62
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,63
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,64
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,65
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,66
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,67
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,69
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,70
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,71
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,72
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,74
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,75
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,77
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,77
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,78
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,79
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,80
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,81
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,83
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,84
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,84
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,85
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,87
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,88
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,89
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,90
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,72
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,73
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,74
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,75
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,77
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,77
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,78
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,80
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,81
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,82
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,83
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,84
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,85
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,87
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,88
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,89
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,90
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,91
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,92
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,92
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,93
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,94
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,95
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,95
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,96
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,97
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,98
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,99
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,system,100
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,91
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,92
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,93
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,94
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,95
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,96
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,97
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,98
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,99
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,system,100
(bootloader) ...... Successful
OKAY [146.793s]
finished. total time: 180.976s

c:\miniadb_m7>[COLOR=red]fastboot reboot-bootloader[/COLOR]
rebooting into bootloader...
OKAY [  0.039s]
finished. total time: 0.042s

c:\miniadb_m7>[COLOR=red]fastboot reboot[/COLOR]
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.036s

My friend rooted his phone and flashed a rom and got into this same situation except I'm able to switch between twrp and cwm. I have read thru the entire thread and had already tried most of your suggestions prior to as well as tried them again as I was going thru thread. I was also able to sideload cm10, and the fastboot the boot.img, it boots into cm10 logo, then loops.
I downloaded the zip file you posted and did
fastboot erase cache
fastboot rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip <zipname>
and got this:
OKAY [ 41.017s]
writing 'zip'...
FAILED (remote: 99 unknown fail)
finished. total time: 41.267s

zip file is in platform-tools folder.

I know you've done a lot to try and help mike, if you could please help me I'd really appreciate it.

Upvote 0
My friend rooted his phone and flashed a rom and got into this same situation except I'm able to switch between twrp and cwm. I have read thru the entire thread and had already tried most of your suggestions prior to as well as tried them again as I was going thru thread. I was also able to sideload cm10, and the fastboot the boot.img, it boots into cm10 logo, then loops.
fastboot erase cache
fastboot rebootRUU
and got this:
OKAY [ 41.017s]
writing 'zip'...

I know you've done a lot to try and help mike, if you could please help me I'd really appreciate it.

I got the same error when I tried it as well, I have a thread open and linked this thread in it.

http://androidforums.com/internatio...rom-your-sd-card-if-your-phone-wont-boot.html

gl cause I need it too!

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
fastboot erase cache
fastboot rebootRUU
and got this:
OKAY [ 41.017s]
writing 'zip'...

have you tried that same process with a stock rom?

Upvote 0
hmm. thats very peculiar... error 99 is typically what you get when running a signed ruu with s on,and an unlocked bootloader.

had you guys OTAed to 1.27.531.8? could be a main version prollem,i guess,but typically that would give you a different error
I know this is a old thread but the error 99 is because the bootloader is unlocked. you need to relock the bootloader to Run a RUU with s-on "fastboot oem lock" the the RUU will work then, Another thing is with a phone that has no external sdcard you cant the usb storage in recovery with out a OTG cable. You need to use sideload...http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2318497

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones