[T-Mobile] be careful with what you download!!

Last Updated:

1. Ruizpect

Ruizpect Member

long story short: my password pin to unlock my galaxy s 4 is "41875". yesterday i decided to change it to "418775". as of all day today i used and unlocked my phone maybe 50+ times! and as soon as i decided to download 3 new apps on the play store (all games). I turn off my phone as they download. when i try waking it up and entering my pin..it says incorrect pin!! after trying my old pin and new pin more then 150 times and still incorrect!. i decided to just backup&restore and wipe data. just be careful with what you download because my pin worked fine just until i downloaded those apps and sadly the "forgot password' option never came up for me. i tried every pin possible, my only option now is to wipe data.:mad:

apps downloaded:
    1st - Redline Rush (racing game)
    2nd - Aequalis: Zen Maths
    3rd - Plague Inc.

after downloading the 3rd app "plague Inc. apk". that's when my pin wouldn't work! has this happened to any one? please post your opinions

mike28 likes this.
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

That games been downloaded more than 5,000,000 times and is nearly all 4 or 5 star ratings.

I dont think it was that app that caused it
    Ruizpect and NYCHitman1 like this.
  3. twistedriku

twistedriku Well-Known Member

I had the same issue, but it wasnt because I downloaded a game. Hell I didnt even set up a pin, yet my whole phone was locked down (sdcard included) and I ended up having to flash back to stock via odin with stock recocery and wipe the whole device to get it working...
    Ruizpect likes this.
  4. Ruizpect

Ruizpect Member

Yeah I did the same. I backed up everything before wiping it. So once I wiped it I was able to extract apps + data. I then realized it wasn't the apps fault it just happen at random. Just hope it doesn't happen again