T Mobile content lock problems

Last Updated:

1. spooky_b329

spooky_b329 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, new member here!

Has anyone had problems removing T mobiles content lock? I've been trying repeatedly since yesterday; dialling 1818 let's me enter all my card details but then says it cannot be completed at this time, using the online method yesterday just timed out after entering card details, today I can't even click the submit button :(

Can't access the app store!

Advertisement
  2. ijb

ijb Member

I suggest you call customer services on 150, keep on selecting "other" from all the automated menus until you reach a real live human being. The couple of times I've called they've been very helpful. Once the content lock has been removed, remember to turn the phone off and on again, so that the change can be registered by the SIM card.

3. brownie1111

brownie1111 Member

Register your TMobile account at their website, takes a couple of minutes, login and you can remove the content lock from there.

4. Jay3GSM

Jay3GSM Active Member

T-Mob stores can also remove content lock, if you have one near by.

5. shaunydub

shaunydub Well-Known Member

Yeah I had problem on phone...did on the website instead.

6. spooky_b329

spooky_b329 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks all, ended up going into a t mobile store and they sorted it out :)

7. tck

tck New Member

so how do you do this online?
    i cant see the place to go! sorry.

8. StuM82

StuM82 New Member

https://www.t-mobile.co.uk/service/your-account/login/

You may have to register if you haven't used the service before. Once you're set up there is a content lock section under phone settings (I think). I found I had to switch the phone off then back on before the Android Market recognised that the content lock was removed.

9. sam81

sam81 Active Member

I had the same where I couldn't access Market - yet I was able to when I first got the phone last week, so was wondering what the problem was. Realised it must have been the content lock, and dialled 1818, but like you, after entering all the details it said it couldn't be completed because of a technical problem. This has been over the last two days.

I've just dialled 150 and they sorted it - didn't need to give credit card details as they just asked security questions, so hopefully that's all gone through now!

Another problem I've had is actually getting through on the 150 number - up to now each time I've tried a voice says I've dialled an incorrect number, when I know I haven't!

Anyway, tried again yesterday & it got through - tried again last night & got the voice again saying it was an incorrect number................!!

Just tried 150 again to sort the content lock out & got through! I mentioned it to the guy I spoke to & he said to take the battery & sim card out etc if it happens again, and to let them know if it keeps happening. A bit annoying though....... :mad:

What with that & T-Mobile sending me a bill where I'm on the wrong price plan - not a good start!! :(

10. ArthurTheAndroid

ArthurTheAndroid New Member

You have my sympathy Spooky_b329, I've been having this problem as well.

Tried T-Mobile's 1818 number several times but it always fails right at the end (after they have collected your credit card details), have tried their 150 number but just got sent round in the circles of their automated menu system (it suggests calling 1818) and was unable to get an actual answer at all.

Content lock is an important thing of course but T-Mobile's efforts to make it work seem to be an absolute shambles. Perhaps changing supplier may be the answer.

11. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Use your "my t-mobile" account to remove it

12. goofyman10

goofyman10 New Member

its doing my head in trying to unlock even the dateing pages im sick of it try try try im old enothe to go to the sites ive ended up writing a letter ......like to spend longer time on net thanks not happy

13. SiHa

SiHa Well-Known Member

I went into a T-M store and got them to remove the content lock.

14. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

I sorted this out via my T-Mobile account online. :)