[T-Mobile] Data Issues

1. CaseyLiffick

CaseyLiffick New Member

Friend of mine picked up an HTC One the other day off CL for Sprint and decided to use it for T-Mobile.

The person was using it on Sprints network before and so under Network Mode, "GSM/UMTS Only" had to be selected because it was still receiving signal from Sprint through CDMA, but not Data. He put his sim in and clicked on the "Available GSM Networks" and after searching for a minute, T-Mobile and AT&T were listed as options. He picked T-Mobile and it automatically put in the correct APN settings for him.

What's weird though is that when the phone is freshly turned on, Data works and it comes from the epc.tmobile.com APN. However, when wifi is turned on or the network is disconnected due to lack of signal, data doesn't come back on when signal arrives again and the phone automatically changes the TMobile Data APN to cinet.spcs (the original APN for data through Sprint). What's going on here? Any insight would be great.

What he'd really like to do is just do a complete restore using a TMobile HTC One boot loader, but is unsure how to go about this.

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Without s-off, hboot replacements aren't happening.

What you're describing with this phone from Craigslist is not possible according to AnandTech.

Or your friend somehow has a Sprint phone with an unlocked sim.

Sold by an HTC employee.

For $200.
    scotty85 likes this.
  3. CaseyLiffick

CaseyLiffick New Member

LOL, it's possible. I'll get with him and ask some more questions. Are the HTC devs even allowed to sell these phones? Seems like that's something HTC wouldn't want them doing.
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Anything is possible, but if so, there's no telling what it really is.

A readout of the hboot version, and then the radio, firmware and software versions might prove helpful in first tracking down what the present configuration is.

If it's really a phone from HTC internal, it may already have an s-off bootloader. Those exist. Rare but they do exist.
    scotty85 likes this.
  5. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

Try this....
    Create the new T-Mobile APN and in the type field put a *
    I'm not sure it will work for you but it's a trick I used on my one s with an AT&T SIM.
    It will look like this and it persists beyond a reboot or WiFi on/off.

Attached Files:

6. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

wich type field?authentication type? or APN type? im not sure what im looking at with your pic.

im using an international One on t mobile,and my data works fine,with exception of when it comes back on it doesnt always pick up 3g/H data,sometimes it only picks up edge,but im assuming that may be becasue the refarm 1900 band may not be that strong here at my house.

out of curiousity,what data speeds do you get with the one s on ATT? ive used various ATT devices on t mobile,but never the other way around ;)

to the OP,try toggling airplane mode off for a few seconds,then on. more often than not,that works for me,if data doesnt turn on,or turns on edge only.
  7. CaseyLiffick

CaseyLiffick New Member

APN is constantly reset to cis.spcs for some reason. No matter what. Even when data is working. Weird as hell, and yes, he found out that this is a "build version" accordng to the on off screen
  8. mgrade01

mgrade01 New Member

Hey just wondering if you had any solutions to this issue yet, having the same issue, apns resetting to cinet.spcs when powered off or swapping from wifi to data.
  9. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide