• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-mobile G1 Problem - Crashing with several ROMS.

JccageX2

May 25, 2010
Hey guys. I have had several problems with my G1. Only about 2 custom ROMS actually work on my device. They are only 1.6 ROMS, everything else fails, I flash them right, then most of them either freeze, or shut them self down and turn back on, and go really slowly.

The only Firmware that works is 1.5 and 1.0.

I had to UN-Root the device.

Can anyone help me? Please? I'm in the UK using a UK Version of the G1, if that helps. :)

Hey guys. I have had several problems with my G1. Only about 2 custom ROMS actually work on my device. They are only 1.6 ROMS, everything else fails, I flash them right, then most of them either freeze, or shut them self down and turn back on, and go really slowly.

The only Firmware that works is 1.5 and 1.0.

I had to UN-Root the device.

Can anyone help me? Please? I'm in the UK using a UK Version of the G1, if that helps. :)

Do you wipe your phone every time you flash a new ROM?

Which SPL do you use? And what recovery image do you install?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones