T-Mobile G1 with AT&T Service (Unlocked)General

Last Updated:

1. Capsaicinburn

Capsaicinburn New Member This Topic's Starter

I had T-Mobile and moved to an area with no access. I switched to AT&T. Before I left I received the unlock code from T-Mobile and applied it successfully. I then put the phone aside and used the MyTouch phone I also had. Now I am interested in using the G1 also and I have a problem.

This is my problem. I boot the device and I am prompted with three options.
    1. Create a new Google account
    2. Log into an existing account
    3. Place an emergency call

I tried logging into an existing account many times and then tried creating a new one. All attempts failed with the error "There is a problem communicating with the Google servers". I understand that I may need to create an APN for data stuff but I don't believe I need to create one to simply log into the Google account.

I currently have a data plan with AT&T and it works fine on my MyTouch phone because I created the custom APN. It, however, did not need the APN to log into Google initially so I am assuming it isn't required for the G1.

If I am wrong here then how can I enter/create an APN without first logging into the Google account thus making the phone interface viewable. I'm confused on how to proceed and would greatly appreciate any assistance.

TIA

Capsaicinburn

Advertisement
  2. arcrius6

arcrius6 New Member