T-Mobile Galaxy S II Overclock Boot Loop [Download/Recovery Mode Inaccessible]Support

Last Updated:

1. schmooterpie

schmooterpie Member

My type of boot loop has only been seen a couple times, hard to find a thread on google so i

Advertisement
  2. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

Looks like you understand a lot from this type of technology. So I got 2 kind of general questions.

1. Have you tried to let the phone just sit without battery for like 20 to 30 minutes make sure all the juice is down from it before you put the battery in again?

2. Did you install a different kernel before you started messing with the cpu clock?
  3. schmooterpie

schmooterpie Member

1.) Yes several times, sometimes it would work and let me in until the screen timed out again but i haven't been able to do it and i let it sit for about 2 hours, like an hour ago.
    2.)Nope the only things i've done that required superuser permissions is Titanium Backup and OverClock/UnderClock Widget.
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Have you tried holding both volume buttons, plugging in the usb cable and then manually enter your info into Kies under tools for an emergency firmware recovery? You'll need the S/N # under the battery. I don't know if it will work while in a boot loop, but this has helped other people when Kies didn't recognize their phone.

If nothing works you can contact mobiletechvideos.com. They have a fairly inexpensive JTAG service and a lot of good reviews.
  5. schmooterpie

schmooterpie Member

The attached picture is all i see in kies when i have my phone connected while it's on bootloop, where do i put in my S/N Number?

Attached Files:

6. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Can you click the button where it says recovery code?
  7. Bandaid

Bandaid Well-Known Member

I just realized he asked for help in two different places lol.

Try this::)
    Once it boots up hook up the mini usb plug so that it will force is to go to download mode. From there you can odin another rom or go stock.
  8. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

I am sorry I have been a little absent here as I asked the questions first but I cannot seem to come up with anything more useful than the guys above me here. The only thing is to boot into download mode long enough to give Odin time to start patching the rom and recovery.

I guess some pre existing preperation is necessary - load up the rom/stock image into odin. While odin is active on your computer try putting the phone into download mode and hopefully the yellow square appears in odin so you can begin the flash. I think once it starts flashing it will prevent the phone from restarting itself so if you can get it to that point you might be able to save it!

Also I think the reason this happened is that stock Kernel does not allow very much flexibility with overclocking. As far as I have read one of the best kernels to OC on is dark venom kernel from the XDA and that one has limit of 1.7 or 1.8. I guess this is just an afterthought that's why I am editing the post.
  9. schmooterpie

schmooterpie Member

I can click the recovery code but it opens to a window telling me to input the recovery code from the other computer that my device is connected to. So i guess that isn't for the serial number

Again, once in download mode the bootloop starts again

I've tried so many times to get the timing right but only once has odin recognized it, it was a good thing i preloaded the stock into odin and clicked it as soon as it showed up but it just shut off and went back into bootloop again after 2 seconds.
  10. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm home from work and can check Kies now. I gave you the wrong info. Look in tools under Firmware Upgrade and Initialization. That's where you put in the S/N and model name - SGH-T989
  11. schmooterpie

schmooterpie Member

This is all i see when i type my info in the boxes :/ My phone is connected to the computer on boot loop as i did this

Attached Files:

12. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I don't know what's up with the Chinese characters. I'm not sure what to do except maybe uninstall, redownload and reinstall Kies.

Sorry, wish I could come up with some other options.
  13. schmooterpie

schmooterpie Member

That's okay, thanks for the help i'll try that and if not i suppose i can go for the jig
  14. schmooterpie

schmooterpie Member

I got my Jig today, i downloaded the drivers, odin, the ics stock rom and got set up.
    I put the battery in the phone, it immediately turned on, i put the jig in and it still went into bootloop. And so i figured i probably did it wrong. So i tried again, this time pluging both the jig and my battery in at the same time. It worked, it got me to download mode. But about 5 seconds later the entire screen flashed blue and white and then it shut off and went back into download mode. I don't even think it reset the counter that says if i've rooted the phone before. I would at least like to reset that counter so i can take it to tmobile. Any ideas now guys?
  15. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I've never used a jig so I can't help much there. If you have only rooted, you don't have to worry about the counter. It only changes if you flash a custom rom.

If your in download mode and its not boot lopping, maybe try Kies Firmware Upgrade and Initialization or Odin again.
  16. schmooterpie

schmooterpie Member

OH! i accidentally put that it went back into download mode after it flashed the screen, i meant bootloop, so i still can get my computer enough time for any program to finish doing anything to the phone
  17. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Looks like you're back to square one. :(

If its under warranty, try to get a new one. If not, check out MobileTechVideos. They can do JTAG repair for $50. I've seen a lot of recommendations for them.
  18. schmooterpie

schmooterpie Member

Just got back from tmobile, they didnt detect anything and said i am under warranty, haha the tmobile guy was like 'you're lucky the manufacturer can't tell you rooted this.' and i just smiled and said 'rooted? is that like the jailbreak thing for iphones?' he laughed and ordered me a new phone. It's in the mail. I wish i had been able to fix this and help anyone else with this problem but it seems i completely destroyed my phone :/
  19. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Glad you're getting a new one. :)

Be careful overclocking it! :D