[T-Mobile] galaxy s4 stuck on kias recovery

Last Updated: 2013-10-29 00:11:21
  1. thomasmbl11

thomasmbl11 Member

i tried to root my galaxy s4 but it said fail on odin so then i tried to reboot my phone and then it says "firmware encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies & try again" i cant get into recovery or download mode.please help. i didnt mention i have tmobile as my carrier and they are saying sending it in to them for about two weeks so they can fix it.and i want that to be my last resort. I really really need some help

Advertisement
  2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forums. I see u having a problem with a android device . May i ask have you ever rooted a device in the past . During this install of kies did u ever make a back up of the firmware . And do u know if the recovery was installed to the device .
  3. thomasmbl11

thomasmbl11 Member

i have rooted plenty of phones and no i didnt back it up.i was using odin to install a recovery and it failed and then it restarted it sayed that error msg.i cant do anything please help
  4. BRAINZ2013

mike28 likes this.
  5. thomasmbl11

thomasmbl11 Member

6. BRAINZ2013

What is the phone displaying
  7. thomasmbl11

thomasmbl11 Member

8. BRAINZ2013

I think your screwed. Cause u need the firmware to push and as u said you don't have the backup .
  9. BRAINZ2013

10. thomasmbl11

thomasmbl11 Member

nothing happened.i no their is a way to get this fixed.anyone?
  11. BRAINZ2013

I am afraid if you tried what i sent to you and you not having the firmware you are out of luck . Try to do a hard reset on the phone .
  12. thomasmbl11

thomasmbl11 Member

i no their is a way to fix it.
  13. xXchrizhurtyXx

xXchrizhurtyXx Well-Known Member

I've honestly never seen this.
    If Odin doesn't see your device then Idk if there is a fix. Just send it back to tmobile
  14. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Just be aware, as you may know, rooting voids your warranty.

And depending how far the root process got before something went awry, T-mobile may know its been tampered with. :eek: