• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] galaxy s4 stuck on kias recovery

thomasmbl11

Lurker
Oct 21, 2013
i tried to root my galaxy s4 but it said fail on odin so then i tried to reboot my phone and then it says "firmware encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies & try again" i cant get into recovery or download mode.please help. i didnt mention i have tmobile as my carrier and they are saying sending it in to them for about two weeks so they can fix it.and i want that to be my last resort. I really really need some help

Hello and welcome to the forums. I see u having a problem with a android device . May i ask have you ever rooted a device in the past . During this install of kies did u ever make a back up of the firmware . And do u know if the recovery was installed to the device .

i have rooted plenty of phones and no i didnt back it up.i was using odin to install a recovery and it failed and then it restarted it sayed that error msg.i cant do anything please help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones