T-Mobile HTC Desire Delay??

Last Updated:

1. apashton

apashton Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

Just rang up to ask how everything is going with my order. I was told that the Desire has failed software testing and has been sent back to be corrected. She said i was on a priority list to receive the desire, but that they would now only get the phones back on the 31st.

Anyone else want to try and see if they get the same response?

Seems some people have been promised a saturday delivery, but this might not be the case anymore?

Alex

Advertisement
    Proudest_Monkey likes this.
  2. Proudest_Monkey

Proudest_Monkey Well-Known Member

3. shaunydub

shaunydub Well-Known Member

Sad.com
    Was looking forward to possibly having this for the weekend!

4. bulldog147

bulldog147 Well-Known Member

:( oh no, not a good news then !

5. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

I want it on Saturday :(

6. bulldog147

me too, i am going to ring up tomorrow, if they say it been delaying until April, I will cancel my order and go elsewhere for sim-free phone!

7. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

29th?

Oh bugger. That's my weekend ruined :(

8. bulldog147

9. slatyford

slatyford Well-Known Member

just spoke to them and a very appologetic girl said it was delayed untill wednesday to make sure they has sufficiant stock and they were in the process of texting all pre order customers to inform them of the delay.
    well I wont hold my breath for a txt

10. bulldog147

what a bullock! I had no text ? how can they tell if we had our mobile number in different network ?

11. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

They can tell exactly what network you're on by your line identifier in the UK routing table.

12. bulldog147

I won't hold my breath for any text off t-mobile !

13. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

Well... at least you folks are lucky enough to be getting it that soon! I'm stuck waiting until an estimated May-June till I can get it here in the US :(

14. JimmyT85

JimmyT85 Well-Known Member

I can also confirm that TMob are also ringing customers who pre-ordered, to let them know of the situation

15. shaunydub

shaunydub Well-Known Member

16. Lukehluke

They must know that this will loose them customers as a lot of people joined them because of the early release date.

17. Bearo

Bearo Well-Known Member

18. Proudest_Monkey

It's either them being clever and faking an early release date, or they want to get enough stock for all the pre-orders. It's annoying, but only 1 more week...

Some were saying it would take 7 days to deliver anyway...

19. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

I'd be very surprised if they didnt keep stock for any of the stores.

I agree that central stores may have run out, but would have expected 5-10 handsets per store being kept aside.

20. Lukehluke

Some people are ringing them and getting some money off their phone because of this delay.

21. Proudest_Monkey

Just called and asked whether the stores will still be getting them on Monday. I was told that they won't get them until after Easter. I guess they want to be loyal to the people that have pre-ordered and make sure they get them first!!

22. Proudest_Monkey

and my local store has just confirmed this to me! They seem to be getting many many calls about this. Hopefully they get enough stock for everyone!

23. pauljriley

pauljriley Member

*****************Latest update*******************
    Have received an email from HTC content below:
    New Response From [ Pedro (UK - Ireland Support (Tech)) ]
    Dear Paul

Thank you for contacting us.

We would like to be clear over speculation and confirm that the branded HTC Legend has received quality approval and meets all the requirements for public release.

Also our products can be re-branded to mobile networks and according with the needs they can change the original specifications.

We won't comment on any decisions that a network may do to and pass to their customers but T-Mobile is still selling the device and advertising the HTC Desire on their website:
    HTC Desire Mobile Phone on Pay Monthly
    and the same applies to the other network who is selling our product.

I trust that this resolves your query, please do not hesitate to contact us again if required.

Best regards,

Pedro S.
    HTC

With this response, and obviously beside myself with rage, I called t-mobile to get a genuine answer (I know good luck).

The upshot of this call is:
    1. the test failed is t-mobile's, and not HTC's (not how it was originally, reported to me, but we'll skip over that).
    2. They cannot explain why the result of this internal test was only disclosed the day before the phone was due to be released.
    3. They 'understand' my disappointment, and I'm not the only customer out there who feels that same.
    4. Although I have been 'pestered' to upgrade my phone since January, my contract doesn't actually end until 30th April 2010.
    5. Is there another handset I would like instead?
    6. Because I am obviously 'upset', they will call be back on Monday, and If their testing department has released them then, I might get one, and there MIGHT be a discount on the line rental (though towards the end of the call it did seem that they were playing the last part of that down).

*******************Update on Update**********************
    Had a call as I typed this from the upgrade department, following an email complaining about the situation, result of this call is.

1. There is nothing wrong with the Desire, and t-mobile will start shipping the phones later today.
    2. Because my contact expirers on the 30th April, I am not permitted a FULL upgrade until one month before the end of my contract. As a 'highly valued' customer from January I can have a 'non-full' upgrade, i.e. one with a selection of the phones on it. This is the first time anybody has ever mentioned this, if I call up the upgrades department just before I get through I get a recorded message saying that I am eligible for a full upgrade. I am shocked and hurt that the person I spoke to on the other end of the line felt that this was a transparent way of doing business.
    3. All of those people complaining on the various forums about the appalling way in which t-mobile has handled the launch of the HTC Desire, are the 'trouble making' minority (ok he didn't say 'trouble making' but it felt as though he was thinking it).

So where that leaves me, I don't know, I might get a call on Monday, I might have to go to another network on the 5th April, who knows, I just know that at the moment it feels that you can't trust anything anybody at t-mobile says.

24. Proudest_Monkey

Just quoted the above as the rest of the post was very long and didn't want to fill the thread! Anyway, i was told this morning that it was a shipping problem, and they hadn't received the phones yet. Can anyone else confirm whether T-Mobile is shipping today?

Thanks,

25. Proudest_Monkey

Scratch that. I just received a call from T-Mobile and they should be receiving the phones this afternoon. I asked for delivery tomorrow and she said definitely!!

Hurrah!