• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] I need to HIDE my WiFi Tethering!!

Missliz

Lurker
May 5, 2014
Kansas City
I recently switched from a Verizon Note 2 (where I was grandfathered into a unlimited data plan), to T-mobile Note 3, where i only have 2GB of wifi tethering ability. (Not my idea!!!)

I have rooted my phone (I'm completely stupid when it comes to this jargon).
I use PDA Net to tether wifi through USB. This works great because it allows me to hide my usage (using USB tether)! But...I have a surface RT (that is also rooted) that does not support PDA Net.

I need to tether WIFI from my phone to this tablet without my provider knowing. I know there is someway to do this (as I'am hiding my usb tethering now), or another idea on how i can secretly use my carrier's data to give this tablet internet access!

Please Help! or let me know if I should go to the tablet forum for this one.

Thank you so much for you time and advise!!

* Liz

The tablet is not included in my Data plan, actually, it is not on any network's plan. It is a separate device that I'am trying to secretly share my phone's internet with.

And my 4 lg elites, lg esteem ,mytouch 4g slide, Nintendo 3ds, two laptops and desktop aren't include but yet still find themselves attached for well over a few dozen gigs.

Upvote 0
Can you tell me the EXACT name of the app you are talking about. As seen in the play store. please and thank you!! :)
And are you sure this will hide my data usage from t-mobile??

would an app that bypasses apn restrictions for mobile tethering work for what I'am trying to do? Hide the data usage?
....can't find an answer via google...
Oh I am not using an app, its the browser I use I am unfamiliar with hiding it. Sorry

Upvote 0
I recently switched from a Verizon Note 2 (where I was grandfathered into a unlimited data plan), to T-mobile Note 3, where i only have 2GB of wifi tethering ability. (Not my idea!!!)

I have rooted my phone (I'm completely stupid when it comes to this jargon).
I use PDA Net to tether wifi through USB. This works great because it allows me to hide my usage (using USB tether)! But...I have a surface RT (that is also rooted) that does not support PDA Net.

I need to tether WIFI from my phone to this tablet without my provider knowing. I know there is someway to do this (as I'am hiding my usb tethering now), or another idea on how i can secretly use my carrier's data to give this tablet internet access!

Please Help! or let me know if I should go to the tablet forum for this one.

Thank you so much for you time and advise!!

* Liz
Try foxfi app

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones