T-Mobile is an android hog

Last Updated:

1. xmetl

xmetl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

does anyone else notice how HTC always seems to make tons of new Android phones for TMobile? seriously how many android phones from htc do they have, the G1, the mytouch, the mytouch slide, the Hero, the Nexus one, the Desire, and now they are making this new "Desire HD" or HTC Ace coming out for tmobile to. WTF HTC, why dont you make some more phones for Verizon? or Sprint? or even AT&T, lets see all verizon has is the Incredible and the Eris, all sprint has is the Evo and the Hero (i think thats all correct me if im wrong), and all AT&T has is the Aria.

is any one else here kind of pissed at how much of a variety of different HTC android devices they have for TMobile? why dont you make an Evo for Verizon HTC? any thing but TMobile, who is with me?

Advertisement
  2. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

personally... i dont care for the look of most HTC phones, so the fact that sprint only has 2 right now is not a big concern for me. i am glad the epic is out soon and is a samsung as motorola is on my $h!t list and i dont care all that much for HTC.

3. Bitbang3r

Bitbang3r Well-Known Member

That's because, as a practical matter, all it takes for HTC to turn a UMTS phone designed for sale in Europe into a phone that works on T-Mobile is a chip substitution on the assembly line. The chips that do 1700+1900/2100 are pin-compatible replacements for the ones that do only 1900/2100. In contrast, adding support for AT&T's frequencies is a little more challenging and expensive... enough that HTC isn't likely to add 850/1900 UMTS to a phone intended for sale in Europe/Asia unless some carrier with a partnership with AT&T specifically demands it.

4. nickdog670

nickdog670 Well-Known Member

This thread has to be some sort of joke! The only good phones we have are the Slide and Vibrant. Desire HD is for europe, G1 is 3 years old, myTouch 2 is years old, Nexus One wasn't exclusive to T-Mobile and you can't even get the phone on contract anymore, the Desire is for Europe only... T-Mobile has been waiting to get some good Android phones for a while. And not only, T-Mobile was the first carrier to get an Android phone, which was made by HTC. So if any company should be getting more Android phones (which we aren't) it should be T-Mobile.

/rant

5. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Well-Known Member

A rep at the AT&T store told me at the end of fall AT&T is getting quite a few HTC phones.

6. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Sprint has the Moment, Intercept, Hero, Evo, and the upcoming Epic 4G

VZW has the Droid, Droid eris, Droid X, Droid 2... so no slouch there either...

7. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

the grass is always greener on the other side

8. xmetl

xmetl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

those are not HTC phones, i am talking about HTC phones

9. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Sorry but that's not what the thread title suggests.

nickdog670 likes this.
  10. jasnmb

jasnmb Well-Known Member

Verizon and Sprint has been getting most of the really good Android phones lately. Not T-Mobile.

11. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Thread titel says Android. Thread content talks about HTC handsets. Which one is it? Not all HTC phones are Android, and not all Android phones are made by HTC. I don't really care too much WHO makes the handset as long as it's good, I just want better variety on AT&T so I can keep my unlimited data plan and not lose that if I'm forced to switch to a different carrier. Right now, the only Good Android handset AT&T has is the Captivate, and while it's very nice, I'd like to have more choices. But I don't think that will happen as long as they are exclusive with Apple, they don't want any more competition than they have to have. And i think the only reason they have the Captivate is to keep people from jumping ship to Verizon for a good Android handset, like my buddy did to get his DInc.

IOWA likes this.
  12. ari-free

AT&T will have more choices, don't worry
    [​IMG]

13. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

It's ironic that you say Tmobile has all the HTC Android devices when they have yet to get a high end HTC device. Verizon has the Incredible, Sprint has the EVO, AT&T has ... well screw AT&T.

Yet what the hell do we have?

Mytouch - outdated crap
    G1 - really outdated crap
    Mytouch Slide - decent mid tier offering
    Nexus One - Not sold by TMO

even if we go down the list of other Android devices

Motorola Cliq - outdated crap
    Motorola CLIQ XT - outdated crap
    Garmin-Asus Garminfone - outdated crap
    Samsung Behold II - outdated crap
    Samsung Vibrant - Best offering but it's still Samsung

Hell, I would trade for Verizon/Sprint's lineup in a heartbeat.

14. jasnmb

jasnmb Well-Known Member

I'd consider the Vibrant a high end phone (1 Ghz / 512MB RAM), but Samsung definitely can't be trusted to support their phones much.

I'm dumping T-Mo as soon as my contract is up. Their phone lineup simply sucks compared to other carriers.

15. ari-free

The problem with HTC is that the gpu in their phones is very poor. But that will change soon. It still won't be as good as the SGS but at least it should be on par with droid x and the iphone.

16. Bitbang3r

Bitbang3r Well-Known Member

> The problem with HTC is that the gpu in their phones is very poor.

The GPU is fine. What sucks is Qualcomm's broken licensing model, and HTC's unwillingness to pay the licensing fees so they can actually USE it.