• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile is no Dumb Operator

Robfactory

Sep 24, 2009
East Coast
According to Dominic, a T-Mobile Forum Moderator, the German company will start handling Market billing for its customers.

<blockquote>Beginning on December 9th T-Mobile Android device customers will begin to receive an update to the Android Market application to allow for purchases to be charged to their T-Mobile account.</blockquote>

They go on to claim the new system they will implement will save customers time.

According to the post these are the highlights:

<blockquote> * The Market application update will be invisible to you. No steps are necessary to receive the update!
* To ensure that the update is received by all users T-Mobile and Google will stagger the update. You should expect to have the Market update by 12/30/2009.
* Once you receive the update you will be able to purchase paid applications using your credit card or your T-Mobile account.
* Reminder: Any applications uninstalled within 24 hours will NOT be charged to your T-Mobile account or credit card.</blockquote>

I wonder if T-Mobile will charge tax on programs bought through the Market?

There will also be a 24 hour refund period if the app. is not to your liking.

T-mobile is really getting into Android , I hope others follow suite
xmassmile.gif

Upvote 0
Well, Sprint said it was going to do the same. I wonder if they'll charge tax on top of the app purchased. Currently, there is no tax charged.
I can also see the advantages of having everything in one bill. But I'm sure some parents are going to be livid once they see all the apps their kids will buy without parental discretion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones