T-Mobile/Metro Talks

Last Updated: 2012-10-16 03:22:36
  1. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

Well if they do merge tmobile is going to change to lte.

Advertisement
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Ok IF T-Mobile buys metro and you bought a CDMA phone from metro such as the S3 when it comes out, you WILL NOT have to give up/sell your phone. Why? Because they would LOSE customers. And if this is to take over metro's 4G LTE network, all 4G, 3G, 1x CDMA phones will still work properly. Just because a GSM phone company buys a CDMA company doesn't mean they are gonna switch all metro's towers to GSM signals....that would be stupid and expensive as heck!
    DMajor239 likes this.
  3. storm21

storm21 Well-Known Member

thats what i'm saying too...this whole new thing kinda have me thinking but i hope it all work out for us
  4. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Exactly what some are not realizing here is that tmobile wants metro lte that's it they are after that and it will give them an LTE footprint let's forget about the whole CDMA and gsm thing we will be just fine purchasing any lte device cause it's the future
  5. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

LTE signals work with both CDMA phones and GSM phones. The signal works with ANY LTE phone whether GSM or CDMA.
    saltdiscus likes this.
  6. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

We will have no problem with an cdma lte s3:D
  7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

T-Mobile buying out metro would actually be bad for us already on metro because this will mean a lot of people all hopping onto metro's 4G LTE at once. Speeds would slow down......
  8. Joshb101

Joshb101 Well-Known Member

If you guys have read the Reuters article according to their sources Deutsche Telekom is essentially giving T-Mobile to Metro in exchange for what I'm sure will be a significant share of stock.
    So this isn't Metro getting bought out, this is really Metro buying T-Mobile. DT really just badly wants out of the US market.
  9. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Interesting
  10. Kid09

Kid09 Well-Known Member

I actually read about that a while ago. For now we should just sit back and relax until we get the details tomorrow.
  11. Erick2012

Erick2012 Well-Known Member

12. focused313

focused313 Member

I just don't want my $55 unlimited plan messed with.
  13. Joshb101

Joshb101 Well-Known Member

Yup have to see if DT's board will even approve this, though I think it highly likely.
    I doubt Metro wouldn't want this deal either as they don't have to actually put out any money, just give up a certain amount of shares and this also allows T-Mobile to technically become a publicly traded company, which has the potential to bring even more capital in.
  14. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

Metro can do whatever it wants but DON'T &#@$ WITH MY $55 UNLIMITED PLAN.
  15. Fuzzy13

I dont want my OG $40 plan messed with. Pfffff. I might cut someone. :p
  16. Fuzzy13

17. chicomostoc

chicomostoc Well-Known Member

18. Fuzzy13

OR my OG $40 plan. I will go ham on someone. Then I will walk right into wall mart and sign up for Straight Talk :D
  19. Erick2012

Erick2012 Well-Known Member

Seriously. It would really suck if they change the prices on us. It's not like we have a contract to prevent it lol. And yeah I know there are more threads about it but I'd rather talk to the esteem crowd :p
  20. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

Don't use the Walmart straight talk use the one from the website the Walmart one I believe is CDMA and runs on sprint you can buy a sim from the website
  21. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

If metro were to buy tmobile metro would need around 40billion & we only have like 4 or 3billion
  22. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I've merged 4 threads on the same subject together.

I apologize if this causes anyone any confusion.
  23. storm21

24. storm21

25. TheGoodMan

TheGoodMan Well-Known Member

Wonder what is next for us?