• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile/Metro Talks

t mobile are the ones hurting. Metro wouldn't do anything that would jeopardize losing customers. We'll be fine.

ok so what you think about this

Official PR from T-Mobile and a video statement from CEO Legere are now waiting for you after the break. There's a few new interesting details, including that MetroPCS's CFO will be holding on to his position post merger. Interestingly, even though the carriers will become one company, for the foreseeable future they will maintain separate pools of customers. However, we wouldn't be surprised to see that change as the LTE rollout accelerates and gives T-Mobile a true 4G offering. As Legere notes in the clip below, this is just the first step and the deal isn't expected to close until sometime during the first half of 2013.

Upvote 0

Official PR from T-Mobile and a video statement from CEO Legere are now waiting for you after the break. There's a few new interesting details, including that MetroPCS's CFO will be holding on to his position post merger. Interestingly, even though the carriers will become one company, for the foreseeable future they will maintain separate pools of customers. However, we wouldn't be surprised to see that change as the LTE rollout accelerates and gives T-Mobile a true 4G offering. As Legere notes in the clip below, this is just the first step and the deal isn't expected to close until sometime during the first half of 2013.

do you have a link to the page where you copied and pasted this?

Upvote 0

T mobile obviously wanted lte and now they've got it.

Metro is about to roll out the best phone on the market and is gaining customers by the truck load. They wouldn't do anything to cause their customers to jump ship. Wet have no contact so we can leave without hesitation at any moment and they know this. T mobile knows this.

I'm sure they have been going over every scenario for months and months.

I'm not worried. Why? Cause i can walk away and sign up for straight talk and not miss a beat. :D

Upvote 0
T mobile obviously wanted lte and now they've got it.

Metro is about to roll out the best phone on the market and is gaining customers by the truck load. They wouldn't do anything to cause their customers to jump ship. Wet have no contact so we can leave without hesitation at any moment and they know this. T mobile knows this.

I'm sure they have been going over every scenario for months and months.

I'm not worried. Why? Cause i can walk away and sign up for straight talk and not miss a beat. :D

ok i really hope so:)

Upvote 0
i dont know...it says t mobile has 74 shares...dont that mean they taking over us :thinking:

They are a bigger company. Read the article, it says that in essence Metro is taking over t mobile.

T mobile is obviously the bigger company so that name will stay. They have more money, customers and stocks so of course their stake well be bigger.

The good news for us? More coverage and a data network that covers a 20mhz x 20mhz spectrum from which Metro just expanded to 10.

It will remain 2 separate companies for now but they are basically sharing each others perks.

Just read the article, it's all in there.

Upvote 0
The new company will operate under "T-Mobile", and drop "MetroPCS".

Which is interesting for me... because I've been contemplating switching over to T-Mobile. I've been very unhappy with the smartphone choices and "4G" speed with MetroPCS.

According to many sources metro is getting the GS3. I'm thinking that just may be what you need the best android phone available atm.

Upvote 0
One good news is they are planning to provide wide selection of services. Hope we can keep affordable services :)

T-Mobile Confirms Plans to Merge With MetroPCS | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

MetroPCS and T-Mobile did not mention specific post-merger wireless plans or devices, except to say that the combined firms will offer "a wider selection of attractive, competitively priced plans to better serve the marketplace, including contract, no-contract monthly, SIM-only, pay-as-you-go and mobile broadband services."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones