1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

T-mobile nano sim cardSupport

1. siggy1964

siggy1964 Well-Known Member

So now that the Nexus 4 is here how do I get a nano sim card for it or do I have to cut the one I got from T-mobile?

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

You can cut your T-mobile card (which is what I did with my AT&T sim) or you can go to T-Mobile and ask for a new sim.
    siggy1964 likes this.
  3. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

Its a microsim you can cut the one you have but an easier alternative, if you dont mind using your old phone for the time to get it shipped.

http://androidforums.com/t-mobile/677716-t-mobile-sim-card-free-today.html

or if waiting/cutting your sim isnt for you go to the local tmobile store they can get you a microsim but I dont know if they will charge you
    siggy1964 likes this.
  4. OhSeven

OhSeven Well-Known Member Contributor

If your TMobile says reps are as bad as they are here, they'll sell it for $20 (customer service says cost varies but not over $9.95) or they'll give it free if you put $10 on it. Lines similar to this may be used: "I'm just trying to save you money, you can pay $20 or $10" or "Less than a couple bucks? Nope, never heard of a price like that". I'd continue ranting but this is already beyond the original question
  5. siggy1964

This has become a nightmare. I cut the card, put it in the phone. Now she is trying to activate her phone. She got all the way to the end to where you pay and it tells her she hasn't selected a auto pay date which we don't see anywhere on any of the activation pages.
  6. drchud

drchud Member

The same thing happened to me. It is because I was porting a number over from Virgin Mobile to the $30/100 minute prepay plan. When i called CS i was told that the sim was activated but since i was porting a number i could not actually add funds until the porting process was complete. She told me to just close the browser window and add funds once my number got ported. once ported, i logged back in and was able to add funds and set up auto pay.
    siggy1964 likes this.
  7. siggy1964

She finally got it working but we had to call customer service back today because the idiot she talked to last night gave her the wrong plan. Now all is good I just hope we don't have to call them back.