[T-Mobile] Needing help rooting an S4 (T-Mobile)

Last Updated: 2014-03-26 18:45:47
  1. Chadzirra

Chadzirra Member

hey guys

i have a friend wanting to root his S4 but he doesnt know how to go about it and i used to root phones like crazy, but it seems like the rooting process has changed in the 3 years that i have been away from doing roots.

would anybody be willing to help?

hes also wanting to get a root for his sony xperia and i know this is the samsung section but i might as well try to kill two birds with one stone.

id appreciate any help possible.

Advertisement
  2. xXchrizhurtyXx

xXchrizhurtyXx Well-Known Member

We really need more info. What's the Android version? Baseband?
    mike28 likes this.
  3. Chadzirra

Chadzirra Member

I don't have the devices just yet. Totally forgot about all that. I should be getting the phones soon to work on them just decided to get a head start on the process of what I would need.
  4. xXchrizhurtyXx

There are different methods for different baseband.
  5. danielary29

danielary29 Well-Known Member

Im wanting to root mine first time rooter for the s4 im running a model number SGH-M919 version 4.4.2 baseband version M919UVUFNB4 if anyone has any good ideas for me please send them my way thank you.
  6. xXchrizhurtyXx

question before we do, do you mind voiding warranty forever with no way to go back?
  7. danielary29

ive already rooted it but ran into a mess of problems so now i would like to unroot back to stock and start again the phone still works fine but i cant flash recovery in rom manager and i ran into a few things i need to fix anyone know how to just unroot and were i can find a stock tar from or any easier ideas please before i make things worse thanks.
    xXchrizhurtyXx likes this.
  8. xXchrizhurtyXx

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2677252
    Everything that has to do with kit Kat.
  9. danielary29

Thanks but everything got worse now the phone says firmware upgrade encountered an issue please select recovery mode in kies & try again i go there and it says choose emergency recovery mode but my device does not list and there is no recovery mode number im at a loss for what to do now any ideas anyone the phone is not bricked and it does go into download mode
  10. xXchrizhurtyXx

Yeah so go into download mode. You'll have to Odin the firmware tar. It's in that thread.
  11. danielary29

all the links to the firmware tar seem to be gone and i have tried the soft brick method and its not working can someone please post a link to a thread for me i really would be thankful.
  12. xXchrizhurtyXx

danielary29 likes this.
  13. danielary29