T-mobile NEW LG Optimus L9 for $200 + $50 refill card

Last Updated:

1. chong67

chong67 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. bob60626

bob60626 Well-Known Member

Nice deal, but I didn't much care for the one I handled. If this had been out when I moved from my OV I probably still would have got it. As it was I bought an Exhibit 2 for the same price (two, actually), fussed over used S2's for months, then lucked into the Walmart deal on a new one.

3. jm101

jm101 Well-Known Member

Now I am mad I didn't wait. Haha. Reminds me of the time I spent around $250 on my 16 GB Nexus 7 then they introduced the 32 GB for the same price not that long after.

4. chong67

Question:

LG seems to be the pricing leader in phone. How can you get a 4.5" phone for this price?

I am happy for LG. Apple, Samsung and to some extend HTC are bad.

5. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Well-Known Member

idk but when i had metro they had the lg motion for cheap and it has pretty good specs

6. jm101

jm101 Well-Known Member

Exactly! It feels and looks like a high end phone. Go LG!

7. lightsleeper23

lightsleeper23 Well-Known Member

Wow that's a good deal. I'm sad I didn't get in on that. Oh well. Next month I'll be trying either solavei or simple mobile. Like to save $10 off of t-mobiles price.

8. chong67

HTC One will be out next month. It is price even higher than anyone.

9. Wolf Howl

Wolf Howl Active Member

Was at target tonight and they had the L9 for $199 and you'd get 20% off that when you bought it in conjunction with a $50 prepaid card. So it seems like you get the $50 card basically free if my math is right. (20% off 200+50=50 off)

I'm brand new to the idea of Tmobile prepaid and this seems like a relative cheap option to try it out. Figure I can always sell the phone on CL later if it doesn't work out for me. One newbie question, I want the $30 Walmart plan and if I bought that $50 card at target and used it on the $30 plan it would leave 20 bucks on the card right? Or how does that work?

10. chong67

Yah, when u log into your account, you will see the balance and it will be redeem the next month.

Wolf Howl likes this.
  11. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

Yes, when you activate your phone and start your plan, it will put the $50 on your account and subtract the $30 for your first month, leaving a $20 balance. You can then just add $10 before your next month's payment is due (so that you have the $30 in the account) or, if you go over your 100 minute limit they use that $20 to pay for your extra minutes (at 10 cents a minute).

Wolf Howl likes this.
  12. Carolina Media

Carolina Media Well-Known Member

It's an awesome deal. LG is selling lots of these. At my store it's by far the best selling phone right now.

13. chong67

Yes it is a good phone. Where else can you get a 4.5" for this price.

Only minor thing for me is the real physical button. This is great for playing video game. I am too afraid dirt will get in there. I prefer the touch buttonless.

14. chong67

Are the funds good for up to 90 days only?

15. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

No. From what I can find about it, as long as your account is active your funds carry over indefinitely. Then again, I don't see why you would have much more than $100 on your account at anytime (if you use a $100 prepaid card), so that balance would be used in just over 90 days -- so it isn't likely to be an issue.

In my case, I got the $3.35 credit when I activated my SIM card (from the SIM activation kit) and that credit is still there after 9 months (though I am adding money monthly).

What I did find is, if your account goes inactive, after 120 days they convert your plan to a "Pay as You Go" from the monthly plan, and your funds are "used" after 90 days on the Pay As You Go plan.

16. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member