T-Mobile Nexus One

Last Updated:

1. Sherman901

Sherman901 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm planning on getting rid of my iPhone and originally wanted to switch to Verizon and get the Incredible but due to a lack of credit I have to pay $400 deposit so I'm thinking of just staying with AT&T. I put my iPhone on Craigslist earlier without checking Verizon and someone offered me a T-Mobile Nexus One plus $75. Since AT&T has a Nexus One now, would it be able to work with the 3G? I don't know the details about this kind of stuff so any kind of info would be very appreciated! Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

an tmobile n1 will work on att, but not on the 3g, just the edge network.

3. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

No, you won't be able to use 3G with the Tmobile N1 on the AT&T's network...they use different frequencies for 3G. You can use only 2G.

Edit: Blah...this is what I get for not refreshing the page XD

4. mesovortex888

mesovortex888 Active Member

If you like it take it. As other said, it will work on AT&T network but just no 3G. You can always post on CL to trade your T-mobile N1 for AT&T N1 later.

5. Buck Shot

Buck Shot Well-Known Member

just sell your iphone and buy the AT&T Nexus One version. I never had 3G prior to my N1. I hate when im on edge network now. You wont be fully happy without 3G IMO

6. fuzio1963

fuzio1963 Well-Known Member

Wow!! So there are 2 different vers of Nexus One, 1 for T-Mo and the other for ATT?? :p
    Damn, it was not like that, when i was getting my N1 few months ago......

7. EmceeGeek

EmceeGeek Well-Known Member

just a heads up, t-mobile is cheaper than at&t so you might want to switch if you can.

8. kingdeeray

kingdeeray Well-Known Member

Well, My advice is to Sell your Iphone and get a N1. Now witch Carrier is up to you. both Carriers have there pros and cons. If your in one of those saturated areas where att 3g sucks. I suggest switching to tmobile. Now even though Att currently has the fastest internet. T-mobile is getting HSPA+ very soon. Which will rival's Sprint's 4g network. Also T-Mobile very cheap plans. If you do decide to go with Magenta, Go with the Even More PLUS plans. 79.99$ a month, Unlimited EVERYTHING :)

9. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Question, what does HSPA mean to a Nexus user? My carrier has stated it will implement that in the near future too.