T-Mobile or AT&T S4 (Can't Unlock Tmobile)General

1. agunjal

agunjal New Member

Hello Everyone!

I am new here just moved from the world of IOS. So I purchased a T-Mobile S4 full retail price. I was hoping to unlock it but they want me to wait 40 days before they give me the unlock code.

I havent been able to find any source for an unlock code.

Now, I called AT&T and if I purchase one at FULL PRICE they will unlock it for me (I am traveling to Thailand on Tue)

Do I lose anything with an AT&T Unlocked vs. A T-Mobile Unlocked? I know AT&T had better service. I am coming of Verizon and I am not impressed with T-Mobile. I did some research and noticed the AT&T version has ONE LESS LTE BAND. Which shouldnt matter

Any input is appreciated....or if someone has a unlock source for the T-Mobile S4

thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

TMobile told me they would unlock it after 90 days of service (if the phone is fully paid for). So you did better than me. In the end, I went with AT&T due to coverage concerns with TMo. But I'm hoping TMo does well in the market place. Choice is good. ;)
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome to the forums, agunjal!

You're seeing the effect of the change in copyright law that went into effect earlier this year, so it's unlikely that you'll find downloads for carrier/sim unlocking from any reliable sources. We have to remove them for fear of a DCMA takedown on our site.

Yes - I know - copyright law for sim unlocking??

Welcome to what a powerful lobby can do. There was a White House petition protesting it, and there's a lot of controversy over it.

Our forums take no position in political matters, we simply follow US laws.

You either have to wait or contact your Congress critters on this issue and hope for some change on this.