T-Mobile or Orange in general. Whos the better.

Last Updated:

1. confuzzled

confuzzled Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I am debating whether to get the Desire on T-Mobile from Mobile phones direct or from Phones4U on Orange

Know i live in Liverpool and done think anyone would know what these Networks are like 2g/3g/H etc here?

If not who is the better generaly?

Thank you for reading.

Advertisement
  2. Smg

Smg Well-Known Member

In my experience Orange are deffently the best especially when it comes to customer service also the deals on the desire are better.

But i have heard Orange & T-Mobile are Merging so...

3. jaspabt1

jaspabt1 Well-Known Member

why dont you go on the official websites and do the coverage checkers, that will give you an idea on the reception etc. If they are the same then go with the best deal that suits you

4. nekromantik

nekromantik Well-Known Member

T-Mobile have increased handset prices after the huge demand so Orange maybe a better option as they could give you a good deal. You just need to try and speak to a good person.

5. The_Verse

The_Verse Well-Known Member

Orange network coverage isn't amazing.
    But Orange have Orange Wednesdays :]

6. Smg

Smg Well-Known Member

In the long run its not gonna matter because Orange and T-Mobile are merging into one company

7. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Avoid Phones4U is my advice. Use Carphonewarehouse

8. dgoulston

dgoulston Well-Known Member

i prefer T-Mobile, better coverage for me in london, and had a bad experience a few years ago with orange.

plus when they merge, if they change terms of the T-mobile contracts you can get out for free.....

D

9. tuahogary

tuahogary Well-Known Member

Hmm.. I have the exact opposite experience with customer service. I had some bad experience with customer support on Orange and O2 but never had problems with T-Mob and 3..

nx1977 and dgoulston like this.
  10. ethereal

ethereal Active Member

try buymobilephones.net, i got mine 2 days back. They have stock and some best deals on T-mobile but unfortunately they raised prices a little bit, i was lucky to get my hands a bit earlier.

11. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Woah there! Orange have the biggest 3G network in the UK don't you know? Its miles better and bigger than t-mobiles without a shadow of a doubt, thats just fact!

I also travel th country a lot and seemingly always have at minimum a 3G signal with Orange as well.

12. Nixot

Nixot Active Member

I've looked on the internet for HTC Desire plans and have come to the conclusion that T-Mobile are better after looking at their plans, as they offer 3GB of internet and 300 minutes of calls and unlimited texts for

13. Stoo

Stoo Well-Known Member

totally disagree with lekky on this one, i have been an orange customer for over 5 yrs and the messing about they did with the desire just made me lose faith with them, even tho i could of got a good deal via retetions i decided to jump ship. i went for the Tmob deal on MPD and i must say i am glad i did, i never had any signal inside my house(i live in northwest by the way) on orange, Tmob is always full and phone isnt bogged down with orange crap, everyone to their own i guess......and true they are merging

14. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

To be honest it all depends. People have different experiences with customer service, good and bad with both. The same with the phones. eg the Hero on Orange was way better than the G2 Touch on T-Mob, whereas orange seem to have messed up the Desire (No GTalk wtf?) where as T-Mob have done good.

But its fact that Orange have the biggest 3G network!

15. Smg

Smg Well-Known Member

I live in essex and Orange deffently has brilliant signal down here O2 by far the worst network provider i have been with just everything about them is worse in my experience lol any am loving this new Sony X10 on Orange :)

16. nekromantik

Orange ROMs can easily be removed so thats not really a issue, I just upgraded my handset on orange through thier premium customer team and got free desire,

17. rasobey

rasobey Well-Known Member

I think Orange do have the best network. Recently on holiday in Wales I was the only person with an Orange phone to regularly get any sort of signal *inside* the place we were staying. Everyone else needed to vacate the premises.

However they have butchered the phone somewhat with their game/app demos that I can't seem to get rid of. Tossers.

18. punky

punky Well-Known Member

It voids the waranty though so that's something to consider if the display breaks or the touchscreen goes and you have to send it back without being to swap the ROM back

BTW i've just moved to Orange. Customer services seem very good so far. And British.

19. nekromantik

thats only if you got orange care, i debranded my c905 and they replaced it without issues. otherwise htc have 2 years manufactures warranty.

20. teropaz

teropaz New Member

Does anyone know if they will be sharing their masts after the merger? If they do, the network should be quite impressive!

21. Smg

Smg Well-Known Member

Yep in about a year maybe longer both T-Mobile and Orange will Both be Renamed to 1 New Name and it will be a the Biggest Network Provider in the UK which is currently held by O2 and followed by Vodafone.

22. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Just to clarify, bigest in terms of subscribers, not network coverage (Both O2 and Vodefone have poor 3G coverage in comaparison with Orange.)

Smg likes this.
  23. Nixot

Nixot Active Member

With my T-Mobile phone, I hardly use 3G because it's mostly HSPA where I go!

24. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Thats what i meant.. Anyway check out coverage maps, theres really no competition. T-Mobs is tiny compared to Oranges.

25. pete borota

pete borota Active Member

Actually Lekky you're wrong. T-Mobile's footprint may seem small but they actually network share with 3 and between them have the biggest 3G coverage in the country.

This argument will all be meaningless in around 6 months when their networks will combine to make the UK's biggest network. Bigger than both O2 and Vodafone. Especially when you take into account their access to 3's network share!!