T-mobile Phone Dilemma

Last Updated:

1. Robo56

Robo56 New Member This Topic's Starter

I currently have the first Gen mytouch and have had nothing but problems. I hate it! I love android though. Right now I'm on the flex plan or whatever, so I can cancel and I can switch to my dad's plan so I will have the upgrade discount.

I'm looking for a good android phone so I can actually be able to update to 2.1 at least. I'm on 1.6 lol. I really like the nexus one, but I'm also looking at the vibrant and waiting for reviews/problems to arise.

Are there any problems with the nexus one? I was reading somewhere it had like unlock problems or something with screen detection or something. I could be wrong.

I got to have something with a 1ghz processor though. I'm trying to research this time before I get screwed again and get another "mytouch" lol

Advertisement
  2. QwertyBlog

QwertyBlog Member

Get the Vibrant, you won't regret it. Samsung did everything right with this phone. Check out my blog in my sig and watch my unboxing video. A full review should be up soon.

If anything, you can buy it at the T-Mobile store and have 14 days (30 days in California) to try it out. The worst thing that can happen is paying a $10 restocking fee.

Robo56 likes this.
  3. rfdesq

rfdesq Well-Known Member

4. Robo56

Hey guys thanks for the Replies.

I'm really considering the Vibrant, but I'm kinda stuck on the nexus one too lol. I'm checking out the video now. That's my favorite part of electronics, the unboxing! lol..

5. Robo56

Well just watched it, and that was awesome.

Now I'm stuck, Nexus One or Vibrant. I'm thinking Vibrant mainly because it's new :)

6. truoc444

truoc444 Well-Known Member

Bought my vibrant on launch day and I'm definitely a fan.

7. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

The only pro I see with the Nexus One is that it would most likely to get the first update of every Android version that it can support in the future. For example, it was the first one to get Froyo while others have to wait for the manufacturer to kick the update to the rest of the users.

8. QwertyBlog

QwertyBlog Member

Probably should have showed you this first:
    YouTube - ???S vs HTC Desire 3D ?? ??, Galaxy S

its showing the main difference between the snapdragon and the hummingbird. Both devices are running the game Quake. And the Galaxy S is on the right. That video right there convinced me on the hummingbird processor.

And like what the previous post said, since it is the Google phone, the Nexus One will get the updates first. People also call the Nexus One as the developers phone. However, if you're just a consumer and just looking for a nice phone, the Vibrant will be a much better choice.

9. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

galaxy s all the way.

everything about it is amazing nothing to fault on it really.

10. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

just to let you know the link doest work mate.

11. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

how you planning on getting a nexus one from a family plan upgrade.. or anywhere for that matter at this point. lol

12. Robo56

Say that again? Can you not get one with a contract discount through tmobile?

13. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

Right now, you cannot get a new Nexus One in the US at all. Google has stopped selling them.

14. mingkee

mingkee Active Member

Nexus One is dead now, so you should opt for Vibrant or wait for MyTouch HD (3.75G baby).

15. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

or wait for that monster that is coming in november. to bad you slept on the newxus, its the best phone you will see on tmo until november

16. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

especially since you can get the $10 internet plan vs getting a tmobile branded phone you have to get the $30 one.. thats $240 savings every single year !!!!!

sipcommunication likes this.
  17. anpk05

anpk05 Member

The vibrant doesn't have a flash for the camera!!! That's really annoying in my opinion. There's no other good phones with t mobile other than the nexus one (which we can't get right now through them), and the galaxy s.

18. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

The largest issue I have with Samsung phones is their lack of support and updates. They would rather you buy a new device than spend the time/cycles of putting out updates. It's like they think their customers are inconsiderate for wanting updates for their devices and that it's inconceivable to think about putting together Dev teams to UPDATE their stuff.