T-Mobile Pulse QuestionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. RossMcKay

RossMcKay New Member This Topic's Starter

I Just got the Pulse today and upgraded it from 1.5 to 2.1 and I realised when your at the home screen and press menu you get themes so there is only 2 Work and Default were can I download more?

How can I improve the battery life?

There is a bit of dirt under my screen I have removed the screen cover so its not that how can I remove this without voiding my warranty?

When I go on PC Sutie and look for my phone it dosent show on that or on My Computer its only shows on My Computer when I mount SD Card.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. mpskentuk

mpskentuk New Member

There are free and paid themes on Market I think.

Regarding battery life you can make improvements, if you slide your home screen downwards you should get a widget bar now on 2.1 that has several shortcuts to activate things like Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS etc. One of them is for brightness, if you tap it the screen can go to three brightness settings, low, medium and bright, try to keep it on low when possible. Also keep wifi switched off unless you need it on.

Some apps can run in the background and burn up power so if you install an app check if it is doing behind the scenes online activity and if possible either turn it off or reduce how often it checks. I personally carry a spare battery (they are available from Amazon for about

3. Muuurgh

Muuurgh Well-Known Member

Battery Life, here are my tips:

For all apps (gmail, twitter, google reader): Change their update time to once an hour, or more. If it's constantly checking to make sure there are updates, it's constantly using more power than required. And for all these apps make sure they're not downloading images. I had a google reader app that burned through my battery by downloading images and updating all the time. Turned that off and that fixed my issue.

Close any apps you're not using, you'll take a hit in loading time but you'll save some power as well.

The other thing that makes a difference is the coverage you have. When I stay in places with low coverage, it uses more power. Where I am at the moment it's full 3g, and it can last 2 days easy with the amount of browsing I do. Which isn't heaps.

I also don't play games or use it as a music, they'll both use lots of power.

And lastly, I have it plugged in at all times at work to make sure I never run out of power :)

As for the PC Suite, that's how it is designed to work. A bit of a pain, but something you get used to.

Enjoy your new phone!