• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] [ROM][F6] Xperion ROM **Updated 2/11/15**

Thanks so much GT for this awesome ROM! I've had this phone almost 2 yrs now and rooted it (thank you Trevor Philips)...made it my own as far as I could. But I was getting bored with it when I discovered your Freedom kernel in the play store. What a difference! Great work! So I took the plunge and installed the Xperion ROM and I am ecstatic! Everything works perfectly. I had the T-Mobile 10H version and the 12B works flawlessly even KnockOn. The only glitch and it's extremely minor is that now all the info apps tell me I'm on metro PCS. I can live with that! 12B is clearly better for me. Thanks again...I can't say it enough....Thank you GT!

Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
Almost everything works for T-Mobile D500. The messaging app however does not work with group messaging. I can send a message to multiple people, but the receiver gets a message as a 1 on 1 conversation and cannot see other peoples messages. If the receiver replies, they will get their own messaging thread as if I was directly talking to them and just them.

-I fixed this by deleting the default messaging app and replacing it with the updated version (as the bundled one is an outdated Google Messenger app)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
♡ this ROM!
  • Hardware = MetroPCS LG Optimus F6 (MS500)
  • Originally had stock MetroPCS bloatware ROM = absolute garbage.
  • Had CyanogenMod 11 Unofficial = buggy & missing certain, vital functionalities.
  • Now using Xperion ROM for F6 = Angels are singing... Okay, that may be a bit over the top, but even my GF noticed I am no longer threatening to use my phone as a hockey puck. XD Everything just WORKS.
Awesomeness. Thank you very much, GameTheory!

Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
♡ this ROM!
  • Hardware = MetroPCS LG Optimus F6 (MS500)
  • Originally had stock MetroPCS bloatware ROM = absolute garbage.
  • Had CyanogenMod 11 Unofficial = buggy & missing certain, vital functionalities.
  • Now using Xperion ROM for F6 = Angels are singing... Okay, that may be a bit over the top, but even my GF noticed I am no longer threatening to use my phone as a hockey puck. XD Everything just WORKS.
Awesomeness. Thank you very much, GameTheory!
Ya GT did a really sweet job. Great dev. Carbon ROM is also another fine ROM for the F6 and much like GTs Freedom Kernel. DM has a SWEEEEET Abyss plug Hot plug kernel for 4.4.4 roms such as Carbon. So in my honest opinion Xperion ROM and freedom kernel and Carbon ROM and Abyss plug 2 Kernel by DM A.K.A The kernel Wizard as I call that cat lol, Are the best bet for The F6. I had pac-rom running fine and not bootlooping etc. but I'd stick with Xperion or carbon and the custom kernels involved. Not that anybody was askin my opinions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones